12-month volunteering project: The Balkan Highway: from unemployment through volunteering to social entrepreneurship
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Dates: Summer-Autumn 2020 – Spring-Summer 2021
Participating countries: Any country
Apply here: Application form
Number of participants: 5
Organizer: Smokinya Foundation
Deadline to apply: 1 October 2020
Date of Selection: 2 October 2020
Inquiries about this project: email@example.com
100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
There is no participation fee
275 EUR per person per country (for countries within 500-1999 km)
The Balkan Highway: from unemployment through volunteering to social entrepreneurship
Smokinya Foundation is happy to announce that THE BALKAN HIGHWAY: FROM UNEMPLOYMENT THROUGH VOLUNTEERING TO SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP project is now open for candidates! We are looking for excited, willing to learn and motivated young people. Come and join our team!
What do you do?
• support our everyday work in the office (development of activities, projects, events, school visits, coordination)
• Complimentary activity: take an active part in creation of a social hub in Plovdiv!
What do you get?
• be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
• get valuable experience in living and volunteering abroad
• learn each different aspect of an organisation and how it works
• contact and connect with other international volunteers
• learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
• support our administrative work
• get trained in organising an event and organise your own
Project Goals and Objectives
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
• networking and support of local NGOs
• organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions • meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
• informal language classes to local youth • promotion of volunteering (European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ and Smokinya Foundation)
• promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning • media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations) • project management and coordination • project design and writing
• problem solving
• critical thinking
• strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more! We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
20-29 years old, unemployed, in transition between two educational levels or career paths