Seminar: Long Term Training Course “Cook your MOOC: Key Competencies Of Youth Trainers For Creating Moocs”
Location: Barcelona + Holloko (Hungary), Spain
Dates: 11 May – 11 August 2019
Participating countries: 15
Organizer: Foundation iWith.org (Others)
Deadline to apply: 19 April 2019
Date Of Selection: 21 April 2019
Apply here: Application Form.
Inquiries about this training: Alla Krinitsyna E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fee for participants for both activities – 70 euro. Participation fee should be paid during the first day of the training in Barcelona. We are very sorry to have a participation fee for this activity, but otherwise, it is very difficult to cover all project costs.
Accommodation and food
Accomodation and food will be provided.
ACTIVITY 1 (Barcelona, Spain):
275 euro per participants from Hungary and Greece.
There is no reimbursement for participants from Spain.
ACTIVITY 2 (Holloko, Hungary)
275 euro per participant from Spain and Greece.
20 euro per participant from Hungary.
Long Term Training Course “Cook your MOOC: Key Competencies Of Youth Trainers For Creating Moocs”
Download here: Call for pax_ Cook your MOOC.pdf
We live in the knowledge society where e-learning becomes a more popular way to transfer knowledge especially for young people who are “digital natives”. UNESCO in the document “Education in and for the Information Society (2013)” underlines the importance of the e-learning approach for education. Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is a potential tool for e-learning approach, that can make youth work more accessible and inclusive.
The main aim of our project is to transfer the knowledge on MOOC creation and to develop the document, describing the set of key digital competencies that youth trainers need to have in order to develop MOOCs for youth field.
In order to reach this goal we are going to implement two activities:
ACTIVITY 1: Educational part of the project (11-17 of May 2019, Barcelona, Spain)
– To provide project participants with the set of necessary knowledge and skills, needed for MOOC creation.
– To support project participants with the process of MOOC creation: at least 3 MOOCs within the project implementation.
ACTIVITY 2: Reflexive part of the project (6-11 of August 2019, Holloko, Hungary)
– To reflect on the process and results of the work on MOOC creation.
– To develop the document on key digital competencies for youth trainers, needed for MOOC development.
– To promote the educational potential of MOOC for youth field within open webinars, project blog and video interviews.
The programme of the project activities consists of three thematic aspects of MOOC creation and implementation: pedagogical, media and technical.
1. Pedagogical aspect:
– MOOC and other open educational resources,
– development of MOOC curriculum, scripts for lessons or segments,
– principles of MOOC facilitation,
– MOOC evaluation,
– peer learning within MOOC,
– how to create MOOC content: text, visual materials,
– main rules for creating good educational videos,
– youth trainer in front of the camera: developing acting on camera/ways to engage the viewer.
2. Media aspect:
– how to promote MOOC within social media,
– graphic design and visual identity,
– blog within MOOC: why and how?
3. Technical aspect:
– platforms for creating MOOC,
– Moodle and its options,
– how to calculate MOOC budget: low-budget doesn’t mean low quality,
– sound recording and mixing (basic knowledge and skills).
Participants will be selected, based on their experience and taking into account the following criteria:
1. Educators and trainers (over 18 years of age, speaking English fluently), working in the field of youth works who have experience in the field of non-formal education.
2. Educators and trainers in the youth field who are motivated to develop their own MOOCs.
3. Participants who wish to develop the blog about the project topics.
4. Participants, motivated to develop follow-up activities: webinar on the training topics.
5. Participants who have availability to participate in two activities within the project: in Barcelona and Holloko