Conference: Discover Youth Talents (V4 conference)
Location: Slovak Republic
Dates: 11-12 April 2019
Number of participants: 50
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Eastern Partnership countries , Western Balkan countries
Organizer: Iuventa – Slovak Youth Institute, National Agency of the Erasmus+ Programme for Youth and Sport
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 18 Feb 2019
Date Of Selection: 28 Feb 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Matúš Zibala at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. In case of interest of participants from Eastern Partnership and Western Balkans countries the travel cost can be cover by Slovak National Agency.
Discover Youth Talents (V4 conference)
The Slovak Presidency of the Visegrad Group began on 1st July 2018 and will run until 30th June 2019. The motto of presidency is “Dynamic Visegrad for Europe”,
Visegrad Group (V4 – Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovak Republic) and Eastern Partnership countries (EaP – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine) and Partner Countries in the Western Balkan region (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia, Macedonia) have a productive and steadily developing relationship with substantial dialogue across a wide range of youth issues, working seminars and annual V4 presidential meetings supported by the active participation of representatives of Partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth, and SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource Centre.
The main aim of the conference is to discuss the positive influence and enable full development of the potential, the systematic support of talented young people with fewer opportunutities and the issue of their identification in informal and non-formal education, sharing examples of good practice and highlighting the role of talent support and development in various fields. Focus on current challenges such as increasing the capacity of youth workers to use innovative approaches, discovering potential, highlighting cooperation between sectors or working with young people at risk of marginalization.
Overall conference goals:
- The only event in youth field during the Slovak presidency (“flagship”),
- Slight follow up of the talent topic raised by the 2016 Slovak EU Presidency,
- Goal is to share practices and to exchange between the national representatives, to tackle the issue of talents,
- How to support young people in discovering and nurturing their talents, how the youth work can work with talents,
- Western Balkans join the event for the first time,
- Create a platform for expert discussion to support the full development of potential and talent with emphasis on non-formal and informal learning,
- Exchange of experience and examples of good practice in youth work and its role in developing potential and talent between V4 countries, the Eastern Partnership and the Western Balkans,
- Bring together the experts, researchers, youth representatives and policy makers to advance a dialogue between these stakeholders.
Profile of participants:
V4 contries – 12 participants, 3 per state (representative of NA, Ministry Youth Department, 2 youth delegates)
Western Balkans – 10 participants, 2 per state (ministry representative, 2 youth delegates)
Eastern Europe and Caucasus – 12 pax, 2 per state (ministry representative, 2 youth delegates)
2 people from Salto SEE