Conference: Perspectives for Youth Research 2030
Location: Vienna, Austria
Dates: 18-19 May 2020
Number of participants: 80
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Apply here: application form (Need to register on Salto)
Organizer: Austrian National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps
Deadline to apply: 16 March 2020
Date of Selection: 31 March 2020
Inquiries about this training course: email@example.com
It still needs to be decided but most probably there will be no particpation fee.
Accommodation and food
The conference is hosted by the Austrian National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps as well as co-hosted by the National Agencies from Germany and North Macedonia. The conference is coordinated by the coordination group of the RAY Network.
The costs for board and lodging will be covered in full for selected participants by the hosting National Agencies.
Please note: staff members of National Agencies need to cover their costs related to accomodation & food by themselves (cannot be funded via TCA).
Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Perspectives for Youth Research 2030
For more than 10 years, the RAY Network conducted not only an ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the European youth programmes, but also implemented thematic research projects on topics such as young people’s active citizenship or youth workers’ professional development. In addition, and full complementarity, the Horizon2020 research programme funded more than 30 thematic youth research projects in the past 7 years, on themes including health, mobility, participation, and well-being.
There are currently only few connections between these two domains of youth research, little overlap between the institutions and organisations implementing the respective research projects and programmes, and the results are not widely enough known beyond each realm.
With this conference, the RAY Network would like to take a first step to close the gap between youth research happing in and beyond the context of the European youth programmes.
Aim and objectives
The main aim of the conference is to explore the potential of youth research within and beyond the European youth programmes during the coming decade.
The following objectives have been set for the conference, which seeks to:
– Bring together youth research stakeholders from across the youth field, who are active in or interested in the European youth programmes and/or Horizon2020 youth research
– Explore, discuss and connect the findings of youth research in the past decade, building a comprehensive overview of current youth research findings across research contexts
– Use the overview of current research findings to identify thematic and/or methodic gaps in the youth research landscape in the European youth and youth research programmes
– Look forward to the next decade of youth research in Europe, seeking to identify new and common themes as well as new and collaborative ways of steering youth research
All interested European youth research and youth policy stakeholders are invited to attend and contribute to the conference, including but not limited to:
– RAY Network partners (NA representatives and research partners) & policy partners at national and transnational level
– Research and policy partners of Horizon2020 research projects with a youth focus
– Youth sector actors interested in co-shaping youth research for the next decade
We use the term ‘youth sector actor’ very openly. Whether you understand yourself as a sociologist with an interest in youth studies, or a youth worker interested in youth work evaluation, or a youth policy expert working with data from research – whatever your official role description is: as long as you are interested, you are welcome!