Conference: On track – Different youth work approaches for different NEET situations
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Dates: 6-10 March 2018
Number of participants: 70
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: SALTO Inclusion & NA Turkey
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 10 December 2017
Inquiries about this conference: Marija Kljajic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: Hosting costs will be covered by the Turkish NA & SALTO Inclusion. In case your are selected, the sending costs for participants will be reimbursed by the sending NAs. Please check the financial conditions with your sending National Agency.
On track – Different youth work approaches for different NEET situations
Theme: Young People in a NEET (Not in Education Employment or Training) situation
Conference “On Track” is part of the SALTO Inclusion, as well as the Turkish NA, a longer-term strategic approach to reach young people who are excluded from the system and see how we can reconnect them to society and improve their opportunities in life.
The SALTO Inclusion research & publication on NEET issues “On track – Different youth work approaches for different NEET situations” has been published in December 2015.
The first editon of the “On Track” conference took place in Slovakia in April 2016.
To initiate cooperation between professionals from different sectors in order to create better opportunities for young people in a NEET situation to enable their active involvement in society and integration into the labour market.
– To explore different NEET realities across Europe and different types of practices.
– To exchange the possible ways to work together and stimulate development of cross-sectoral partnership projects for youth in a NEET situation.
– To highlight the variety of resources on young people in a NEET situation, such as the SALTO Inclusion study “On Track”.
– To reflect the role of international work and the Erasmus+ programme, in addressing the issues that young people in a NEET situation are facing.
– Understanding the concept of NEET across Europe
– Sharing local NEET realities
– Understanding the NEET situation in Turkey and visits to local projects
– Methods and project ideas for working with young poeple in NEET situation.
– Networking opportunities to meet other professionals working in this area.
Profile of participants:
– 70 professionals with experience working on the issue of vulnerable young people in NEET situations (face-to-face workers as well as managers/decision makers). International experience is not a must.
– Youth workers/youth leaders ( grassroots – involved in outreach youth work and directly working with young people in a NEET situation).
– Teachers, school support staff, alternative education staff, vocational programme staff,…
Social workers, representatives of social services.
– Local authorities/policy makers responsible for social provision.
– Employers, apprenticeships programmes, employment agencies, job centres, job clubs, job coaches