E-learning: YOCOMO – an ETS online course
Location: Online, Germany
Dates: 30 March – 30 June 2020
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU.Other countries in the world.
Apply here: Application form
Organizer: SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO Resource Centre)
Deadline to apply: 29 March 2020
Date of Selection: 30 March 2020
Inquiries about this project: email@example.com
Anyone can join and learn free of charge at any time.
E-learning – YOCOMO – an ETS online course
- To discover what a competence-based approach is and its applicability in the context of international youth work.
- To introduce the European Training Strategy competence model for youth workers working internationally and to link it to your personal youth work practice.
- To explore competence self-assessment tools.
- To discover ways and tools for professional development.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
The course is structured into 5 thematic modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to the course
- Module 2: A competence-based approach in international youth work
- Module 3: The ETS Competence Model for Youth Workers to Work Internationally
- Module 4: Tools for competence self-assessment.
- Module 5: Using the competence model for professional development.
Each module is structured into 5-6 sessions offering different interactive learning content online, which is uploaded to the Canvas MOOC hosting platform. Participants learn through animated videos, pre-recorded video interviews and some educational texts.
Each module will require 1-4 hours to complete the activities.
The first 2 modules will be open from the first week of the course and every week there will be a new module opened.
Laimonas Ragauskas – Laimonas lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a facilitator in the field of non-formal learning and training for various youth work organisations as well as local and European institutions.
Nerijus Kriauciunas – Nerijus lives in Vilnius, Lithuania and works as a freelancer delivering international training activities in the youth work field at local and European levels.
Snežana Bačlija Knoch – Snežana is an educational consultant in non-formal education and youth work field at local and European levels, as well as certified youth worker.
DEADLINE and SELECTION: Please note that although a deadline of 30 March is indicated because of the system of the European Training Calendar, the course will be online until 30 June 2020 and participants can join in until that time. There is no selection process as such.