Erasmus+ Internship: Communication, IT, Paleontology, Science Outreach and Communication, Translation
Location: Bordeaux, France
Dates: 3-12 months
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: Objectif Sciences International
Inquiries about this internship: firstname.lastname@example.org
- €600 per month Erasmus+ grant
- Plus the possibility of an additional allowance paid by the NGO for field missions. During missions, the NGO will take care of travel, food and accommodation expenses.
Communication, IT, Paleontology, Science Outreach and Communication, Translation
Objectif Sciences International is a NGO with Consultative Status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Working in the field of science education, we are currently recruiting interns for paid international mobility internships in the fields of:
- Science Outreach and Communication
- Information Technology (IT)
- Translation from French to Native Language (AR, CN, DE, EL, EN, ES, IT, JA, NL, PL, PT, RU)
- A Student or a graduate, with Bachelor’s degree or above, with training in fields relevant to the internship you’re applying for
- Ability to adapt and mobility
- Previous experience of team working, autonomy
- Fluency in English and French compulsory. Knowledge of other languages would be valuable.
- Strong communication, writing and analytical skills
- Open minded, interested in science education
- Computer graphics skills would be highly appreciated
- Expertise in one or more scientific fields would be a plus
Depending on the internship, tasks may include:
- Translation and proof-reading of various documents for the NGO (depending on language skills)
- Writing articles for the NGO websites
- Creating press releases
- Research assistance in writing and publishing press articles
- Production of educational tools
- Help in the design and publication of educational kits
- Preparation and organization of field missions
- Participation in field study missions
- Organization and supervision of citizen science actions
- Processing and analysis of samples
- Data processing and analysis
- Publications writing
- Participation in communication activities within the program
- Analysis of current communication practices within the NGO
- Inventory of needs in terms of communication within the NGO
- Development of a communication strategy
- Production of communication tools
- Implementation of communication actions
- Computer development of the websites of the NGO
- Programming new features for the websites of the NGO
- Development of mobile applications as part of research programs
- General IT support for the different stakeholders of the NGO
- Computer maintenance
The detail of conditions will depend on the candidate’s profile and on the aim of the internship which will be discussed together.
Students: this internship has to take place within the Erasmus+ program which promotes international mobility within Europe. Get information on your eligibility from the international department at your University or your higher education school.
Job seekers: this internship has to take place within the international mobility program of your employment agency. Get information on your eligibility at its international service.
Full-time job based in France (Bordeaux).
Possible missions in France, Switzerland, and potentially in other countries.
Internship length and dates: dates to be decided together for an internship that would last between 3 and 12 months, depending on your situation.
Remuneration conditions: an internship allowance given by the European Union (+/- 600 euros) plus the possibility of an additional allowance paid by the NGO for field missions. During missions, the NGO will take care of travel, food and accommodation expenses.