Why should you opt for an internship program?
Besides personal and professional development, internship students also bring you the opportunity to work with professionals in your field of interest.
Thus, you will learn the best practices directly from the specialists.
If you perform your tasks as expected and bring you performance at the end of the internship, you can ask for referral letters.
These will help increase the credibility of the CV activities for your future experiences.
To the question “What are the criteria you are looking for in resume analysis for an internal position?”
Most recruiters have stated that previous participation in other internship programs is the most important and attractive aspect.
The reasons behind this result come from the skills that an internship experience can develop. Here are just a few examples of valuable behaviors you can learn:
– observing a work schedule;
– reporting to coordinating persons;
– integration and teamwork;
– responsibility for tasks;
– results orientation.
Internship Paid or Unpaid?
Choosing between a internship paid or unpaid is a subject of endless discussion with supporters from both sides of the barricade, the pros and cons.
Hence the situation where most young people are wondering whether or not to take an unpaid internship . Is this the only aspect to consider?
Company representatives not included in the package
In addition, monthly wages are not the only way for material / non-material benefits you can get.
An example of the benefit or benefit your company will offer is the allocation of a mentor or tutor.
It also aims to take advantage of the time your mentor dedicates and always finds discussion topics and questions that will lead you to a better understanding of the situation and the framework in which you work. A guardian also monitors your activities and performance.
If you want the program experience to be intense, it constantly asks for feedback about it, your way of working, interacting, but also reporting on specific situations.
Top 5 internship benefits
Once you start an internship, do not think you will not have time to study, friends or actually to get some rest.
Reported to the work schedule, many companies give their homeowners a certain number of meal vouchers.
To encourage you to take care of your health, employers offer certain subscriptions that allow you to have free or discount access to certain regular and urgent healthcare services at various private health networks.
Trainings and courses
Once you have gone through the selection process, prepare yourself to start a complete learning process.
Credits for faculty
Certain employers have signed a practice agreement with university representatives.
Our suggestion is to weigh very well other criteria that are very important for your long-term career:
- To what extent does the internship correspond to your career plans. The first job determines the second, the second on the third and so on. Not internship is just a job, but it will definitely influence your decision in the next jobs you apply to ;
- To what extent is the company offering internship the kind of company you want to stay in? – we know that some of the interns are recruited for full-time positions. It is sometimes worth having an unpaid internship of one to two months to get an indefinite job;
- What is the work schedule. Unpaid internships often offer more flexibility and are shorter. If your college program is not very permissive – this criterion could become very important;
In your analysis of the opportunities available, prioritize non-wage benefits.
To draw a conclusion – if you have a choice between two internship programs that are exactly the same as one is paid and the other does not – I think you no longer need advice – the solution is obvious.