Internship / Volunteering: International School to work with children aged from 2 to 12 years old
Location: Yelabuga city, Russia
Dates: 1 – 6 months :
- Initially starting with 1 month
- Extending to 6 months
- With a possibility to extend the contract for a full time permanent position
Number of participants: up to 24 throughout the year (6 people each quarter of the year)
Profile of applicant:
- Young specialist 18 – 40 years old
- Has an education or a deep interest in STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), more widely within one of the fields:
- Biotechnologies and chemistry
- Emotional intelligence
- Physics and math
- Business education
- STEM and Robotics
- Design thinking and chess
- English at least Intermediate level
- Creative approach to work
- Interest in the learning process
- Critical thinking skills
- Open, friendly, and learning ability
- It is mandatory that you are coming from Europe, America or Australia
Organizer: Alabuga International School
Apply here: Application form
Inquiries about this project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unique teaching experience
- Outstanding location (the school is located near famous Special Economic Zone in Russia, recognized for the third time as the best in Europe by fDi Intelligence magazine of Financial Times. The residents of SEZ “Alabuga” are such world-famous companies, such as Ford, Armstrong, Rockwool and 3M)
- Advanced educational technologies (labs, classes are very well equipped)
- Work with children from 2 to 12 years old
- Free and very decent accommodation in the settlement (private studio with WC, shower, kitchen)
- Pocket money (15 000 rubles per month, which is equivalent of €162 / $189 / £146)
- Free 3 meals a day
- 100% reimbursement of all traveling costs to Russia
- 100% reimbursement of all VISA costs
- High salary in case of employment (extension of the contract to 6 months and to full position)
- Career growth
- Contact with international educators
- Employee development programs.
- €30 to be paid as a sending / administration fee after 1 month of the programme start to Abroadship.org
- Everything else if FREE
- 15 000 rubles per month is paid to the selected person per month as pocket money (equivalent of €162 / $189 / £146)
- Filling the Application form
- Interviews: the applicant goes through two/three stages of an interview at Abroadship and Alabuga International School.
- VISA and tickets: the selected intern applies for VISA and buys tickets to Russia (Yelabuga city) at his own expense (the cost of VISA and tickets are compensated upon arrival).
- Contract: based on the results of interviews, a contract for work lasting from 1 to 6 months is signed with the volunteer.
- Permanent position: a volunteer who has proven effectiveness and interest in regular work is accepted to the main staff.
Alabuga International School is the first International School in the Volga region (Russian Federation, Republic of Tatarstan) and the fifth that has been granted an official membership in the Council of International Schools (CIS), a premium organization of international education. The status of CIS member school demonstrates AIS’s commitment to international standards of the school operation, teaching and learning processes:
- school governance
- staffing, professional development of the faculty
- financial backing
- and safety, medical and household services.
The teaching in Alabuga International School is provided through International Baccalaureate (PYP) and school is IB MYP candidate school. The history of school started in 2014 and today the number of students is about 135. Age varies from 2 to 12 years old
The school is located near famous Special Economic Zone in Russia, recognized for the third time as the best in Europe by fDi Intelligence magazine of Financial Times. The residents of SEZ “Alabuga” are such world-famous companies, such as Ford, Armstrong, Rockwool and 3M.
School defined a mission according to a new strategy to nurture kids to be educated enough for local opportunities and global challenges
Photos from the Alabuga International School
Besides the Alabuga International School for children 2-12 years old they also launched an initiative STEM college.
In 2019, the STEM College was opened as the next stage in the development of world-class specialists in 4 areas:
- Electrical Engineering
- AP Computer Science (an introductory college-level computer science course. Students cultivate their understanding of coding through analyzing, writing, and testing code as they explore concepts like modularity, variables, and control structures)
- Chemical Technology