Some think, ”Why I need to do today while I can do tomorrow?” and some think, “Do not leave today’s work tomorrow.” Which group do you belong to? Are you ”procrastinating one” or ”right know one”?
Life teaches us; working is tiring and challenging and having fun is more enjoyable while we already start primary school. It’s more pleasant and cooler to procrastinate what age we are; doing is always boring.
When the ”next day” comes for most people who procrastinate, it shows up new ”next day” excuse. In this way, postponement becomes a habit and then a lifestyle. Procrastination is the space between intent and action.
The reason for the tendency of procrastination often appears as the inability of people to manage time. Procrastination is, of course, related to time planning; but most of the time is not a result of timeliness to defer. On the contrary, people do not manage time well because they postpone their work and resigned their decisions.
While procrastination provides relief and pleasure at first, it creates stress, anxiety and restlessness in the long term. Any postponed job inevitably creates a sense of guilt, inadequacy.
Once the procrastination behavior has begun, it becomes too fast to become chronic. People quickly master in producing the justified reasons for procrastination.
There may be many reasons under the procrastination tendency.
- If a job doesn’t make sense to us, we will find it hard to find enough motivation to start. If we do not like to do if we do not interest, we may choose to postpone the job if we find it boring.
- Not knowing where to start, the inability of the work flow, the inability of the whole process in the mind of the human, cause a delay. Unplanned makes the procrastination legitimate.
- If our confidence in ourselves is insufficient, if we think that others will judge us in a negative way, we tend to postpone instead of starting to work and we think that we postpone the possible failure.
- If we do not know exactly what is expected of us, if the goals of the job are not clear, it may be more rational for us not to do anything instead of starting. In an environment where communication and less feedback, people tend to postpone to that extent.
- If the knowledge and skills we have are not sufficient for the tasks that we undertake, we will postpone the work and leave the decisions that need to be taken if we do not have the necessary equipment and knowledge to do the work in question. It may make us feel better, even for a short time, to procrastinate that job rather than accepting our lack of knowledge and skills in a field.
- Procrastination is also closely related to instability. If we find it difficult to make decisions, who is having trouble making choices, we can convince ourselves that it is better to procrastinate. Difficulty in decision-making can be personal or institutional. If a company’s management team cannot take decisions for one reason or another, the suspension in that company is a very common method.
Procrastination is the gap between knowing and doing. If we want to succeed, we have to show the discipline and the courage to start. Imagination, desire, desire, planning is, of course, necessary for every job, small or large, but success is only a reward for beginners.
Dropping decision making and procrastinate jobs is a much more important problem than innocent laziness. We have to deal with this problem and keep ourselves out of the way of procrastination. We should all strive to improve the ”urgency culture” instead of procrastinating.
We have no source to replace the time we lost by procrastinating.
”Procrastination is missing the life.“