Scholarships: 40 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees for Undergraduate Courses held in Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, Florence, Rome, Turin and in Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli Como exclusively to international students
Place: Italy and Spain (Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, Florence, Rome, Turin and in Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli Como)
Dates: 2021 / 2022
Participating countries: young creatives from all countries
Apply here: application form
- Each candidate may apply for only one course and and one location, presenting only one concept;
- Participants are required to develop a project based on the briefing related to the area of the chosen course they aim at obtaining the Scholarship for.
Number of participants: 40 scholarships. The competition is open to young international students aged between 18 and 26 years, on 31st December 2021, in possession of high school diploma by September 2021. Candidates must show proficiency in the language of the course at minimum level B2.
Organizer: Istituto Europeo di Design (IED)
Deadline to apply: 13 December 2020
Inquiries about this project:
Istituto Europeo di Design
phone: +39 02 54014350
Costs: Scholarships cover 50% of the tuition fees for Undergraduate Courses, the other 50% is covered by the student or other resources
Scholarships: 40 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees – Italy and Spain
IED – Istituto Europeo di Design and “Aldo Galli “ Academy of Fine Arts offer 40 scholarships to support those talents who want to attend an Undergraduate course abroad and boost their training path with an experience in Italy or Spain*. The scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fee!
To apply, students are asked to develop a project on the main topic Distances, following the given briefing.
Download the Regulation and register to the contest.
DEADLINE FOR PROJECTS SUBMISSION: DECEMBER 13TH, 2020.
* Students residing in Italy can apply for courses offered in Spain while students residing in Spain can apply for courses offered in Italy. Students residing in all other countries can apply indifferently for courses offered in Italy or Spain.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
– Choose the course you want to apply for and register using the form on this page. Participation is subject to the registration.
– Read carefully Regulations and Briefing and arrange the required documents according to the “Concept features and format” (art. 4) and the “Required documents” (art. 5).
– Participation is strictly reserved to Candidates from 18 to 26 years old (by December 31st, 2021) who will get their High School diploma by September 2021.
– Candidates must show proficiency in the language of the course: B2 – as minimum level – is required.
MAIN TOPIC AND BRIEFING
The last months of our lives as individuals have been marked by the awareness of the value of distance.
The social distance; the geographical distance of work; our relationships; the planet made small by the increasingly easy and suddenly interrupted movements; the planet made very small by the need to stay at home; the distance between families, groups and individuals because of their economic status; the proxemics in different cultures (Italians no longer shake hands, in the East no one ever shakes hands); the distance that increases between those who produce and those who consume (food, sales, etc.); the distance finally zeroed with the family with whom one lives; the distance recovered with nature; the reduced distance that animals and flowers have shown towards the built and inhabited world.
The distance between European countries.
The distance with the great problems of our lives that have become small.
Develop your research based on the topic stated in the brief:
Imagine a new product or update an existing one (product, service, garment, visual campaign) that may contribute to reduce the distance or to transform it into a value to improve individuals lives and future generations.
Focus on something relevant to the specific undergraduate course you’re interested in and comment on the reasons behind your proposal.