Seminar: Among Others
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Dates: 20-24 April 2020
Number of participants: 30
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey
Apply here: application form (Need to register on Salto)
Organizer: Tempus Public Foundation – Hungarian National Agency
Deadline to apply: 8 Maarch 2020
Date of Selection: 20 March 2020
Inquiries about this training course: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Download programme here: Seminar – Among Others
The participants of long term cooperation project “Among Others – Non-formal Learning in Higher Education: Developing Intercultural Competence” are kindly invited to take part in the 6th transnational seminar from 20-24 April, 2020 in Budapest, Hungary!
In 2014, eight NAs sought to build upon the work undertaken in Poland to promote international projects and non-formal education to a wider sector, particularly aiming for recognition by and links with higher education, targeting future youth workers and other, closely related fields. This resulted in the creation of a series of university workshops (developed by trainers) followed by an international seminar, to reflect upon practices and the lessons learnt.
The objectives of the project are:
- To introduce non-formal education and international cooperation into higher education;
- To develop intercultural competence of future youth workers and teachers to improve the quality of youth work
- To encourage the use of Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme in working with young people.
We prepared the seminar programme to let us all reflect on all aspects of the project from the big picture and strategic impact of the project but also to share about how Among Others were implemented both at local and national level too.
The aims of the seminar are:
- To share the context, ideas, resources and outcomes of national project activities.
- To identify ways of improving the recognition of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and NFL (Non-formal learning) within Higher Education.
- To develop the project’s sustainability notably through the establishment of a network/community of practice
- To explore the diverse uses of ICC in national contexts
- To evaluate the 2019-2020 phase of the project
Target groups of the seminar:
- Trainers, university lecturers and students involved in the national project activities (of the “Among Others” project);
- Staff of higher education institutions and other providers of youth work education and training;
- Trainers and facilitators involved in developing Intercultural Competence in non-formal education
- National Agency representatives/coordinators of national project activities.
Participants should be available to actively attend the full duration of the seminar, motivated to prepare themselves before the seminar, aged 18+ and able to communicate and work in English.
This seminar is open to residents of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries participating in the project: Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Turkey, Latvia and Switzerland.
Participants should arrive to Budapest on the 20th April to attend the Opening of the seminar that starts at 16.00 and depart on April 24 (anytime).