Seminar/Conference: “Different views and new narratives – (Re)Thinking Bridges between Young People in Germany and Turkey”
Location: Berlin, Germany
Dates: 25-28 June 2018
Number of participants: 120
Participating countries: Germany, Turkey
Organizer: Deutsch Türkische Jugendbrücke, IJAB, Turkish National Agency and JUGEND für Europa
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 16 March 2018
Date of selection: 6 April 2018
Inquiries about this seminar: Sonja Mühlenfeld at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
“Different views and new narratives – (Re)Thinking Bridges between Young People in Germany and Turkey”
Despite the challenging times, cooperation in the youth field between Germany and Turkey remains active and there is a continuing interest on both sides to work together, initiate innovative projects and continue the dialogue among young people from both countries. Now, more than ever, it is important to shed light on these activities and to support those active in the field.
The German-Turkish Youth Bridge, the Turkish National Agency, JUGEND für Europa and IJAB have started a workshop series in 2016 entitled “Innovative Approaches and Tendencies in German-Turkish Youth Exchange”. Two workshops took place in Berlin and Istanbul. Here, youth workers, researchers, artists and representatives of municipalities developed project ideas, discussed current trends and best practice projects and gave impulses for youth exchange and new initiatives between the two countries.
Building on these successful activities, the cooperating partners are now organizing the conference “Different views and new narratives” to reach out to a larger audience.
The conference pursues four main objectives:
1. To create awareness and visibility among a broader audience for the vitality and diversity of German-Turkish cooperation in the youth field.
2. To provide a platform for dialogue and mutual exchange.
3. To give relevant input and empowerment for actors in the field.
4. To provide opportunities for networking, project idea development and partnership building.
The conference addresses a diverse target group: Youth workers and teachers, researchers, representatives of municipalities and other administration as well as other interested stakeholders and newcomers in the international youth field. The program and workshops will be designed in such a way that they bring these groups into meaningful and productive interaction. Opportunities for networking and exchange of expertise will be provided.
Further participant requirements:
• Available to actively participate during the full duration of the conference;
• Able to communicate in English, the working language of the conference;
• Experience in German-Turkish youth cooperation or newcomer with strong interest in international learning mobility and German-Turkish cooperation in the youth field;
• Living and working in Germany or Turkey.