Seminar: Under the same roof – How to work cross-sectorally on inclusion
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Dates: 25-28 October 2017
Number of participants: 35
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: NA Romania & SALTO Inclusion – National Agency
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 20th August 2017
Inquiries about this training course: Marija Kljajic, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Hosting costs will be covered by the Romanian NA & SALTO Inclusion.
Under the same roof – How to work cross-sectorally on inclusion
A stakeholder seminar on cross-sectoral cooperation for young people with fewer opportunities, notably Roma youth, in order to enable their active involvement and integration in society.
Seminar on cross-sectoral cooperation on inclusion, with an emphasis on issues faced by young Roma.
The event will explore cooperation between youth work and other sectors (formal education, employment, health, housing, police, social and private sectors, among others) in inclusion.
Particular attention will be paid to Roma inclusion being one of the priority areas in the work programmes of the seminar organisers – the Romanian Erasmus+ NA and the SALTO Inclusion RC.
Programme & methods: The 2,5 day programme will combine elements of experience and good practice sharing, inputs from external experts, networking and other capacity-building measures (e.g. Erasmus+) in inclusion.
To promote sustainable cross-sectoral cooperation for young people with fewer opportunities in order to enable their active involvement and integration in society.
• To explore strengths and weaknesses of cross-sectoral approaches targeting young people with fewer opportunities, notably Roma youth
• To exchange ways of working together and methods of intervention in inclusion of young people
• To get to know different realities and sharing good practices in cross-sectoral work with young people
• To stimulate the development of cross-sectoral projects for young people with fewer opportunities, notably Roma youth within the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme
Profile of participants:
Professionals working with young people with fewer opportunities and/or Roma at all levels – from grass roots to policy-making.
International experience is not a must.
Youth workers (grassroots – involved in outreach youth work and directly working with young people with fewer opportunities/Roma)
• Formal education representatives – Teachers, school support staff, alternative education staff, vocational programme staff,…
• Researchers, academics with focus on holistic approach and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities and/or Roma
• Local authorities/policy makers
• Representatives of social and health services
• Representatives of police
• Representatives of the housing services
• Employers, apprenticeships programmes, employment agencies, job centres, job clubs, job coaches…