#HealthyHabits is a project of 12 months focused on developing healthy habits and attitudes for sustainable self-development of young people. It is a project that will unite a total of 96 participants from 6 European countries: UK, Romania, Greece, Lithuania, Poland and Croatia in 3 youth exchanges in 2018, all taking place in London, United Kingdom and Seven Sisters, South England. The theme is “how to live healthy, active and fresh”, being comprised of 3 main topics: healthy food, active outdoor physical activity and self-leadership. Each exchange will focus on one of these topics, reshaping approaches and behaviors of young people, in order to improve their inner ecosystem.
Expected General Learning Outcomes
- Awareness on the concept of healthy lifestyle from a holistic approach;
- What healthy represents for different people;
- The role of balance, energy and flow on personal level and work productivity;
- Impact of healthy routines on performance in entrepreneurship and employment;
- Stress management by understanding emotions and positive, kind thinking;
- Creating objectives and step-by-step plan for routine improvements;
- Self-leadership for creating life-change;
- Communication and intercultural understanding.
Phase 3: Self-Leadership
Practice on participants positive thinking in outdoor activities and life itself
Victim/accountable chart in order to find solutions
Coaching techniques through the circle of experience (Kolb circle)
Leading groups by own example, using neuro-linguistic programming to improve self-proficiency and group results
Improving self-trust and self-confidence
Who Should Attend
Young person 18-30 years old, citizen of one of the 6 partner countries, willing to experiment a week of healthy living and planning to implement changes in order to live better and healthier, through sports, with better nutrition and adapting positive thinking. We will select 4 young persons from each country +1 group leader of any age.
Structure of of the 1st Youth Exchange #HealthyHabits: Healthy Foods & Diets
DAY 0: Arrival
DAY 1-2: Leadership, Teamwork, Healthy Living in London, UK
DAY 3-4: Self-Leadership in London, UK
DAY 5-6: Going Outdoors and Experimenting, Camping, Closing in Seven Sisters, South of England
DAY 7: Departure
Methodology is a combination of:
- “Learning by experience” – learning from experiencing different activities and putting them into practice
- “Learning to play, playing to learn” – connected with learning through games, from actions and playful environment
- “Learning through outdoors” – learning about healthy life topics while being outdoors, hiking and doing sports
- Experiential learning through hiking, warm-ups, stretching, barefoot walking, outdoor processes, setting up a camp;
- Group dynamic processes, simulations and teamwork activities;
- Dynamic workshops and presentations lead by facilitators and participants;
- Intercultural sharings, learnings and reflections;
- Learning by doing in group settings and individual processes.