Study Visit: Sharing is Caring
Location: Ape, Latvia
Dates: 12-19 April 2020
Number of participants: 24
Participating countries: Croatia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Turkey
Apply here: application form
Organizer: Aluksnes and Apes Community Fondation
Deadline to apply: 30 January 2020
Date of Selection: 7 February 2020
Inquiries about this training course: firstname.lastname@example.org
costs: Participation fee
In order to keep up the work we invite participants to contribute to “Aluksne and Ape Community Foundation” by 20 EUR participation fee. In no way it should be an obstacle for your participation, nevertheless, contact us if it is.
Accommodation and food
During the project accommodation and food will be provided by the hosting organisation.
Number of participatns/travel costs
TURKEY 3 / 360 EUR
SERBIA 3 / 275 EUR
GREECE 3 / 360 EUR
LATVIA 3 / 20 EUR
CROATIA 2 / 275 EUR
SPAIN 4 / 530 EUR
ITALY 3 / 360 EUR
POLAND 3 / 275 EUR
Every participant or patner organisation shpuld buy tickets and according to real ticket price we will reimburse travel costs, but no more than mentioned above.
Sharing is Caring
Sharing is Caring
Download infopack here: study visit – sharing is caring – Ape, Latvia
As the social reality where young people are growing up is all the time changing and people working with youth need to constantly look for new approaches and solutions for effective youth work, it is highly crucial to stay up to date and explore new ideas for reaching young people.
With this study visit we want to gather 24 experienced youth workers – from municipalities, schools, youth centre, social services, youth organizations – who work with young people on daily (or at least every-week) basis in order to share innovative practices of youth work from their youth work reality or country and explore more in detail the innovative approaches of youth work in different Latvian organisations/institutions.
During the Study visit we will meet at least 10 different NGOs and institutions that are working with young people both in rural areas (Ape, Alūksne, Gulbene) and cities (Rēzekne). Youth club, student council, youth centres, hobby education providers ( like Latvian 4-H organisation).
Exploring, talking about and seeing:
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING AND MOBILE YOUTH WORK IN GULBENE;
- STUDENT COUNCIL AND YOUTH ACTIVITIES IN APE;
- VARIOUS SUPPORT FOR YOUTH INITIATIVES AND BUSSINESS IDEAS IN ALUKSNE;
- FROM FOLK DANCING TO ROBOTICS IN RĒZEKNE;
- MEDIA EDUCATION WITH NEET YOUTH;
- LATVIAN SAUNA.
The objectives of this study visit are:
- SHARING THE EXISTING “STATE” OF YOUTH WORK AND CHALLENGES RELATED TO IT IN PARTICIPANTS’ COMMUNITIES.
- DISCUSSING THE NEEDS AND INTERESTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE AND IDENTIFYING WHAT INNOVATIONS ARE NEEDED IN
- ORDER TO INVOLVE AND EMPOWER THE YOUNG PEOPLE.
- SHARING GOOD PRACTICES IN YOUTH WORK OF THE LAST YEARS FROM EACH PARTICIPATING COMMUNITY/COUNTRY.
- EXPLORING AT LEAST 12 TRADITIONS BASED AND INNOVATIVE IDEAS OF YOUTH WORK IN LATVIA BY VISITING ORGANIZATIONS AND MEETING WITH YOUTH WORKERS AND HEARING ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES.
- COMPILING A PUBLICATION WITH SHORT DESCRIPTIONS OF ALL INNOVATIVE PRACTICES EXPLORED DURING THE PROJECT.
- SHARING THE EXPERIENCES FROM THE STUDY VISIT THROUGH DEOR ACTIVITIES AND INTRODUCING INNOVATIONS IN OWN YOUTH WORK.
- WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE ON REGULAR BASIS (YOUTH WORKERS, PEER-TO-PEER EDUCATORS, YOUTH LEADERS, YOUNG ACTIVISTS, TEACHERS, ETC.) – NOT JUST YOUNG PERSON, BUT SOMEONE WHO ALREADY WORKS WITH YOUTH
- INTERESTED IN GOOD YOUTH WORK PRACTICES IN LATVIA AND READY TO CHASE THEM BY TRAVELING AROUND IN LATVIA
- READY TO ORGANIZE SOME FOLLOW-UP ACTIVITIES USING THE EXPERIENCE FROM THIS STUDY VISIT (INDIVIDUALLY OR TOGETHER WITH ANOTHER PERSON FROM THE SAME COUNTRY) WITHIN 2 MONTHS AFTER THE PROJECT
- 18+ YEARS OLD
- FLUENT IN COMMUNICATION IN ENGLISH