Study Visit: Youth work reality in North Caucasus
Location: Arkhyz, Republic of Karachay–Cherkessia/ Stavropol Krai, Russian Federation
Dates: 19-23 October 2018
Number of participants: 20
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: SALTO Eastern Europe an Caucasus Resource Centre
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 9 September 2018
Date Of Selection: 14 September 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Marina Makarenko at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no participation fee.
The travel, lodging, board and local transportation will be provided by SALTO EECA.
Participants will be informed about requirements for reimbursement upon confirmation of their participation in the activity.
Youth work reality in North Caucasus
The Study Visit aims to acquaint the participants with local reality of young people and youth organisations in North Caucasus, and encourage partner-finding and further cooperation between organisations from Russia and the Programme Countries.
The Study Visit provides the participants with a possibility for:
• Learning about the youth work reality and social entrepreneurship in Russia, in particular in North Caucasus
• Visiting different youth organisations and learning about their priorities and activities;
• On the basis of the experiences during the study visit, reflecting about the situation of youth work in the participants’ countries;
• Identifying partners and developing ideas for future youth projects within the Erasmus+ Youth Programme;
Target group for the activity: persons / organisations who / which are:
– Active in the fields of youth and non-formal education
– Having prior experience in developing, implementing and evaluating non-formal educational activities with / for young people
– Interested in raising their awareness and understanding on youth work as a pedagogical approach for promoting young people’s non-formal learning in different contexts
– Interested in the political processes for better recognition of youth work and non-formal learning
– Interested in cooperation with North Caucasus, possibly within the Erasmus + Programme
– Able to communicate in English
– Knowledge of Russian will be an advantage
– Above 18 years old