Study Visit: Youth Work Reality in Rural Areas – Study Visit to Moldova
Dates: 28 May – 2 June 2018
Number of participants: 18
Participating countries: Russian Federation, Eastern Partnership countries , Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 8 May 2018
Date Of Selection: 11 May 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Malgorzata Pawlowska at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants form Programme Countries should contact their National Agencies in order to receive information about the posibility of travel costs reimbursement and participation fee.
Participants from the Eastern Partnership and Russia regions will have their travel costs reimbursed by the SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus. There is no participation fee.
Board and lodging will be covered for all the participants by the Erasmus+ Programme.
Youth Work Reality in Rural Areas – Study Visit to Moldova
Moldova is a country with over 50% of population living in rural areas. This situation, being a cause of many social challenges that strongly affect young people, is also a source of inspiring practices in the field of youth work, that are implemented by local organisations.
SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus, in cooperation with local partners and local authorities, invites representatives of youth organisations to Moldova, to explore the youth work reality in this country. During a five-day-long study visit we will meet with various organisations that are tackling topics of social inclusion (of different kinds), entrepreneurship, youth participation etc. to learn about their experience in the youth field, both in local and international dimension, their methods and success stories, as well as the challenges they are facing in their work. We will be hosted, among others, by: Eco Razeni (Razeni), Eco Village (Râșcova), Miras and Vesta (Comrat), Youth Friendly Helath Centre (Orhei), and others. The project will also give a chance to its participants to learn more about international mobility youth project granted by Erasmus+ programme, as well as to create new partnerships for future projects.
– Getting to know the youth work reality in Moldova, with special focus on rural areas;
– Networking among participants of the study visit, as well as between the participants and visited organisations; new partnerships and international projects ideas;
– To deepen the knowledge of participants about Erasmus+ youth mobility projects, as well as the resources the programme offers to support youth organisations.
The study visit will start on the 29th of May in the morning, so participants are asked to arrive on the 28th of May. The visit finishes on the 2nd of June, the departure day is 3rd of June.
The study visit is open for youth workers, youth leaders and project managers – representatives of non-profit organisations, as well as for officers of National Agencies of Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme.
– active youth workers, representatives of non-profit organisations, especially those working with inclusion and in rural areas and with young people coming from such regions
– representatives of organizations willing to start cooperation with or find new partners in Moldova
– representatives of organisations both active in Erasmus+ YiA, as well as those new to the programme and interested in implementation of international youth projects
– persons available to actively attend the full duration of the study visit (28 May – 2 June);
– persons able to communicate in English, the working language of the seminar. At the same time there is a possibility of limited language support for persons speaking Russian.
The selection will be carried out by organisers of the seminar, based on the criteria specified in the “participants profile” section.
The applicants are requested to fill in the on-line application form. The call for participants will be open till 8th of May 2018 included.
The selected participants will be informed directly on 11th of May 2016.