Summer school: Tsinghua International Summer School
Location: Beijing, China
Packed into two exciting weeks, this summer program opens up to you the fascinating and diverse world of China. Guided by a standout team of experts in their field, you will be taught how global issues play out in the Chinese context through interactive classes and panels. With 13 special China-focused tracks to choose from, you can hone in on your specific academic interest including Economy, City development and Environment, Innovation, Education, and Humanities etc. Today’s dynamic China cannot just be understood from the classroom. That’s why this summer program emphasizes really experiencing China, through excursions and on-site trips. Alongside this, Students are given the opportunity to gain insight into Chinese culture and the Tsinghua spirit through various cultural experience activities. With the summer school’s 300 strong international cohort you have the wonderful opportunity to make new friends from all corners of the globe. You will gain skills in cross-cultural communication, a key skill required for tomorrow’s future leaders, and also sharpen your interdisciplinary mindset. After successfully completing the summer school, students will receive an official transcript and 2 academic credits from Tsinghua University.
Tsinghua University offers summer school scholarship places for Tsinghua International Summer School -Experiencing China 2018.
The scholarship covers the following:
– Registration fee
– Tuition fee
– Housing (on-campus accommodation for international students for the two-week period, mainly en-suite single rooms)
– Basic accident insurance for the two-week period in Beijing Scholarship students are required to cover their own airfare costs, and adequate personal medical insurance for their stay in China , as required by both Tsinghua University and Chinese visa applications.
To apply, please complete an application form along with other application materials and email it to: email@example.com
1. Application form
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Official full academic transcript
4. Photocopy of passport photo page
5. One electronic copy of applicant’s passport-sized photo (front facing, cap-free, white background)
6. Proof of proficiency in English, scores of TOEFL or IELTS (If applicable) We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email within ten working days of submission.
Deadline: 31st May, 2018