Training course: ACT – Active Citizens of Today!
Location: Lednice, Czech Republic
Dates: 20-28 March 2019
Number of participants: Max. 30 participants
Participating countries: Albania, Estonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia, Spain
Organizer: Evropské centrum mládeže Břeclav/European Youth Centre Břeclav z. s.
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 15 December 2018
Date Of Selection: 21 January 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Jakub Miklín at email@example.com
There will be NO participation fee.
Accommodation and food
The accommodation as well as food will be organized by the training’s organizers and fully covered by the Erasmus+ programme.
The max. travel reimbursement limits per 1 participant are the following:
Hungary – €180
Albania, Estonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia – €275
Spain – €360
ACT – Active Citizens of Today!
ACT is a training course that aims to support the professional development of young leaders/trainers and to raise the quality of their projects concerning active citizenship.
During the training course, we will approach the idea of citizenship on three different levels: locally, nationally and in the European context. The training course uses methods of experiential learning as role plays, simulations and drama methods and group sharing methods as small and large group discussions. Together, we will be working out and improving ‘method toolkit’ on how to motivate youngsters for participation in their community and beyond. All over mission of the training course is to find the ways how to make the issue of citizenship attractive to the youth.
ACT is a training course that aims to support the professional development of young trainers and to raise the quality of their projects concerning (European) citizenship.
- pointing out the connection between citizenship, responsibility for one’s immediate environment and society and active participation;
- experiencing, discussing and sharing historical and recent understandings of citizenship and its implications for participation;
- approaching different levels of citizenship (local – national – international/European) in practice by simulations, cases and methods development;
- sharing different visions and understandings of citizenship;
- reflecting on the notion of European identity and its underlying values (democracy, tolerance, plurality, human rights);
- raising the quality of projects dealing with youth participation and citizenship.
TC’s target group:
This training course will host 30 youth trainers/workers who are actively working with young people as a professional or on the voluntary basis, aged 18+ from 13 European countries.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING PART IN THIS TRAINING COURSE, PLEASE FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM UNTIL 15TH DECEMBER 2018: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfs3iLmLU4y6zOSPOdUydXTes2qr_W0w7QyTmKudyxJe4DzmA/viewform
For the information about your sending organisation please see the project’s infopack.