Training Course: Adventure: Joint venture for Enter Advocacy
Location: European Youth Centre Strasbourg, France
Dates: 12-18 November 2017
Number of participants: 35
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Organizer: Youth Social Rights Network – NGO
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 15 August 2017
Costs: The project is NOT financed by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel expenses are borne by the Youth Department, in accordance with its financial provisions. Board and lodging is provided at the European Youth Center of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg for the duration of the session. The enrolment fee for study sessions is € 50 per participant. The fee is deducted from the refund of travel expenses. Individual insurance or collective insurance against all risks is therefore necessary, the latter to be arranged by participants. There is a Social Security Convention on sickness insurance for member states of the European Union.
Adventure: Joint venture for Enter Advocacy
Adventure a Joint venture for Enter Advocacy is a study session that aims to increase the capacities of youth councils to improve: access on social rights of young people and the implementation of the Recommendation.
In January 2015, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe adopted the Recommendation CM/REC (2015)3 – Access of young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods to social rights based on the approaches and proposals of the ENTER! Project.
The Recommendation focuses on different areas and they promote the access of young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods to social rights. Youth Social Rights Network and Youth Express Network have been involved in the ENTER! Project since its origin, both working at local and European levels on social inclusion and access to social rights of young people.
Having this in mind and also believing that together we can make bigger impact than the one we can do acting on our own, we joined the forces of our 2 networks in promoting the Recommendation as a tool for social inclusion and equip young people with knowledge, skills and meaningful attitude to promote and use them in their communities.
With this activity, we want to reach out youth councils – target groups that in our belief are one of the key players in advocating for implementation of the Recommendation, working at local or national level closely with (or even directly inside) local authorities and representing young people and youth organisations.
The aim of this study session is to increase the capacities of youth councils to improve: access on social rights of young people and the implementation of the Recommendation CM/REC(2015)3 .
– To deepen their knowledge and understanding of social rights and map ways of addressing social rights challenges in different realities;
– To introduce Recommendation to youth councils;
– To map what is already being done, what needs to be improved, what needs to be started in relation to Recommendation in different realities;
– To increase competences for advocating and draft plans and tools for improvement of access to social rights and implementation of the CM/REC (2015)3 Recommendation at local level.
Profile of participants:
1. Members of national, regional and local youth councils:
– Interested in Social Rights
– Motivated to cooperate with youth organizations
2. Members of youth organizations and youth workers focusing on:
– Social rights
– Disadvantaged neighbourhoods
3. Working proficiency in English;
4. Coming from Council of Europe member states
5. Being up to 30 years old (according to the regulation from the Youth Department of the Council of Europe 25% of the participants can be over 30 years old)
Selected participants are expected to act like multipliers and implement a local follow up action plan in line with the CM/REC (2015)3 Recommendation addressed in the study session, under mentoring and supervision by Youth Social Rights Network and Youth Express Network.
Candidates should complete the online application and submit it no later than August 15th 2017.
All applicants will be informed for the results no later than September 15th 2017.
For further information and/or support please feel free to contact us on email@example.com
Official language of the study session is English.