Training course: Building Bridges, Breaking the Walls: Managing Refugee Crisis in Europe
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Dates: 20-28 November 2018
Number of participants: Max. 36 participants
Participating countries: Armenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Moldova, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine
Organizer: Armenian Progressive Youth
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 7 November 2018
Date Of Selection: 8 November 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Nelly Paytyan at email@example.com
There is a participation fee of 50 EUR.
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and food are fully organized and provided by the organizers during the entire duration of the Training Course.
100% of all the travel costs of the participants within the maximum limit per country will be reimbursed.
Reimbursement will be done in EUR, regardless of the currency indicated on the ticket and receipt/invoice.
Any tickets purchased in a local currency other than EUR, will then be converted and calculated according to
the exchange rate of the month given by the European Commission.
Below you can see the travel cost limits per country per participant:
Armenia – 0 EUR
Georgia – 180 EUR
Czech Republic – 360 EUR
Turkey – 275 EUR
Sweden – 360 EUR
Norway – 530 EUR
Greece – 275 EUR
Finland – 360 EUR
Germany – 360 EUR
Italy – 360 EUR
Moldova – 275 EUR
Portugal – 820 EUR
Romania – 275 EUR
Denmark – 530 EUR
Ukraine – 275 EUR
Building Bridges, Breaking the Walls: Managing Refugee Crisis in Europe
The Training Course is intended for 36 youth workers, youth educators, members of civil society organizations from 15 EU and Neighboring countries who are ready to actively fight against radicalization, discrimination and intolerance against refugees.
“Building Bridges, Breaking the Walls: Managing Refugee Crisis in Europe” is a long lerm project which is intended for 32 youth workers, youth educators, members of civil society organizations from 15 European Union and the Neighboring Partner countries who are ready to actively fight against radicalization, discrimination and intolerance against refugees and migrants in their countries and who want to transfer the knowledge they gained in the project to the youth in their organizations and countries.
Following the Training Course in Armenia, successsful participants will be invited to join a Study visit in Stockholm, Sweden in 2019. Attending both Training Course and Study Visit will ensure a long term impact of the project on 36 youth workers involved in the project.
The Training Course (Armenia) and the Study Visit (Sweden) have the following main objectives:
- To provide conceptual framework on the notions of emigration, immigration, integration and multiculturalism to 36 youth workers from different European countries;
- To analyze the emigration and immigration situation in participating countries and to find out the causes of migration, namely push and pull factors;
- To discuss and analyze the current refugee crisis migration challenges in Europe and try to offer solutions from the perspective of youth work;
- To foster tolerance, respect and open-mindedness towards migrants while working with young people as a target group;
- To share experiences and best practices of integrating young migrants in youth organizations;
- To equip youth workers with capacity to combat hate speech towards migrants, misinformation about refugees and xenophobic discourse;
- To create a network of NGO’s willing to be involved in the migration management process and contribute to the refugee integration process in participating countries.