Training Course: danceWEB – European Scholarship Programme for Contemporary Dance
Number of participants: 65
Participating countries: European, Eastern European and non European
Organizer: DanceWEB Europe
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 09/01/2019
Inquiries about this training course: firstname.lastname@example.org
danceWEB – European Scholarship Programme for Contemporary Dance
Scholarship Programme offers around 65 young professional dancers and
choreographers from mainly European but also from non-European countries
the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further
The Programme is a 5-week residency taking place every year in July – August in Vienna within the frame of ImPulsTanz festival.
The programme focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering in Vienna at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants.
This year the programme is taking place from 10th July to 14th August 2019.
A scholarship includes the following free services:
- Free participation in the ImPulsTanz Research Projects (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz
- Admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- Artistic accompaniment by the artistic mentors
- Exchange of ideas and contact with the with the international guests at ImPulsTanz lectures
- Representation of a yearly growing, international danceWEB database
- Opportunity of building up international networks
- Accommodation in Viennafor the period of the scholarship programme (5 weeks)
The scholarship does not include travel, per diem, visa and insurance expenses. These expenses need to be covered by the scholarship recipients themselves.
scholarship values approximately EUR 6.450,- (depending on the
individual choice of research projects, workshops and performances per
Each scholarship within the frame of Life Long Burning is co-financed by the Culture Programme of the European Union, by Austrian funding bodies and by local funding from the home country of the nominee (but no private persons as sponsors). This last part is not yet secured in all countries. Therefore the applicants are encouraged to look for possible funding institutions in their home countries. It is a good idea to check the former danceWEBers from your home country and where they received funding from: http://www.lifelongburning.eu/projects/danceweb_scholarships/scholarship_recipients_since_1996.html
- dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions from European, Eastern European and non European countries,
- preferably between 22 and 30 years of age
- a good knowledge of English
The quality of the dance background is the main criteria for participation in danceWEB.