Training course: Developing Digital Youth Work Study Visit in Finland
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Dates: 24-29 September 2018
Number of participants: 40
Participating countries: Austria, Belgium – FL, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Western Balkan countries
Organizer: Finnish National Agency for Education
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 12 June 2018
Date Of Selection: 26 June 2018
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from a country other than Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA for further information about the financial details. (Info for sending NAs: This activity is covered by the 2018 TCA Budget.)
Developing Digital Youth Work Study Visit in Finland
The study visit is organised in the capital area and the visits are organised to the municipal youth work structures, development projects, church youth work and youth organisations on the third sector.
The visits show examples of how technology education, digital gaming and other digital youth work practices can be integrated into youth work practice.
• to understand the structure of Finnish youth work and the role of digital youth work in it
• to get to know different digital youth work practices
• to visit organisations who use digital approaches in their youth work
• to share own digital youth work practices
• to be equipped with practices to transfer to one’s own reality
• over 18 years old
• capable of working in English
• active in youth work
• interest in getting to know digital youth work or to develop one’s own digital youth work practices
• willingness to share own practices in digital youth work, if any
• interest to transfer digital youth work practices to one’s own work
• able to participate during the whole duration of the activity
The study visit can benefit both people involved in youth work who already use digital practices in their work and those who do not have prior experience in digital youth work.
The study visit is for 40 participants. The group will be split into smaller groups who will visit organisations separately. Some sessions are organised for the whole group together. The visits are facilitated by two experts of Verke, the National Centre for Expertise on Digital Youth Work (http://verke.org/).