Training course: Empower Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives For Youth With Fewer Opportunities
Location: Antalya, Turkey
Dates: 29 February – 6 March 2016
Number of participants: 26
Participating countries: all Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lietchstenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sloval Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Organizer: Turkish National Agency
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 15 January 2016
Date of Selection: 29 January 2016
Inquiries about programme: email@example.com
General Inquiries about application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: there is no participation fee. Programme and accommodation is free. Only the traveling expenses, depending on the country, could be covered 70-100%.
Empower Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives For Youth With Fewer Opportunities
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
“Empower Social Entrepreneurship Initiatives For Youth With Fewer Opportunities” aims at equipping youth workers with specific competencies and skills on supporting youth with fewer opportunities on running their own social entrepreneurship initiatives.
The European programmes and priorities are to be transferred at the local and national and at promoting the equity and inclusion of learners with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities, specifically defined through disability, educational difficulties, economic obstacles, cultural differences, social obstacles and geographical obstacles. But at the grassroots level, most of the youth workers are facing the challenge of having to work with youth with facing multiple fewer opportunities: social, economic and cultural; disability and social; cultural and geographical, etc. For this purpose, youth workers need to be equipped with innovative working tools aiming at investing in youth potential and youth social capital. For this purpose, the training course integrates an innovative approach – social entrepreneurship is at most the idea of combining innovative working methodologies used by business entrepreneurs with the desire to bring far-reaching social change. But in order to do so, youth workers need to be trained on supporting youth with fewer opportunities on generating change in their communities.
Consequently, the training has the following objectives:
- Equipping youth workers working directly with youth with fewer opportunities with specific skills and competencies on supporting youth social entrepreneurship initiatives;
- Developing a specific set of tools and competencies based on nonformal learning aiming at developing transversal and basic skills of youth with fewer opportunities;
- Creating a space for the European organizations to network and come up with clear project ideas aiming at developing opportunities for youth facing multiple fewer opportunities, projects aiming at boosting up youth participation, intercultural learning, social change and better understanding of the European values and concepts.
PROFILE OF THE PARTICIPANTS
- Age above 18
- Willing to further work on social entrepreneurship initiatives for youth with fewer opportunities.
- Able to work in English
- Willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back
- Able to attend the entire duration of the course.