Training course: Gender Dimension in Youth Empowerment
Dates: 9-17 March 2019
Number of participants: 29
Participating countries: Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom
Organizer: YEIC ”Saspraude” (Youth NGO)
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 18 January 2019
Date of Selection:04 February 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Eva Leinerte at: email@example.com
Participation is for free
Accommodation and food
The accommodation and meal costs will be covered by the hosts.
Latvia – 20 EUR
Germany – 275 EUR
Greece – 360 EUR
Spain – 360 EUR
Norway – 275 EUR
Italy – 360 EUR
Poland – 275 EUR
United Kingdom – 275 EUR
Gender Dimension in Youth Empowerment
Training course aims to improve the quality of youth work and develop the competencies of 29 people working with youth to act as advocates of greater gender equality and gain skills on how to promote young peoples’ empowerment regardless of their gender.
We are organizing this training course in order to improve the quality of youth work that we do and develop the competencies of 29 people working with youth from our organizations to act as advocates of greater gender equality and gain skills on how to promote young peoples’ empowerment regardless of their gender. We especially want to empower young women. By understanding the mechanisms of gender oppression it will be also easier to understand how the oppression towards other groups in society works and empathize.
- Developing awareness and understanding about various concepts related to gender, prejudices, mechanisms of discrimination, hate-speech and violence and how it affects young people and society
- Discussing the role of youth workers to contribute to promoting the (common European) value of gender equality and building motivation of participants to act as gender equality advocates and promoters
- Sharing realities and challenges that young people typically face because of existing gender prejudices and norms – paying special attention on how it (negatively) affects young girls/women
- Identifying set of competences needed to be developed in order to contribute to greater gender equality in our communities
- Exploring NFL tools to address gender-based prejudices and discrimination and develop participants’ facilitation skills
- Planning and implementing concrete follow-up activities to promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion at local level.
THE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD:
- Be working with young people on regular basis – as youth workers, peer-to-peer educators, activists, teachers, social workers, etc.
- Open to challenge themselves for learning in the intense programme of the training (sometimes even 12 h per day :))
- Ready to organize at least 2 follow-up activities using the experience from this training (individually or together with another person from the same country) within 3 months after the training
- Fluent in communication in English