Training course: GET IN NET – Training course on Management of a Transnational Youth Initiative Project Within Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships Erasmus + Programme
Location: Braga, Portugal
Dates: 16-21 April 2018
Number of participants: 25
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: Portuguese National Agency for Erasmus + Youth in Action
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 7 March 2018
Date Of Selection: 16 March 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Carla Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from a country other than Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA for further information about the financial details. (budget: TCA 2017)
GET IN NET – Training course on Management of a Transnational Youth Initiative Project Within Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships Erasmus + Programme
Do you want to change something in your community? Do you have an idea for a project and would like to do it with young people from other European country? Do you want to learn new things and get support to initiate this adventure?
If YES, then a Transnational Youth Initiative project might be just what you’re looking for!!! Join us!
Where and when?
The training course will be organized in Braga, Portugal, from 16th to 21st april 2018.
Why participate in this training course?
We want to help you to develop and implement an innovative and successful youth initiative project for your community, under Key action 2, strategic partnerships.
What are the objectives of “Get in Net”?
1. To increase understanding about the EU programme “Erasmus+”, focusing on the field of Youth and Transnational Youth Initiatives under Key Action 2.
2. To develop competences for international and educational project management in the field of Youth
3. To support development of sustainable partnerships for the future Transnational youth initiatives
4. To provide support and guidance in the development of Transnational youth initiatives
Who can apply?
Youth workers, youth leaders and project managers between 18 -30 from any European country that represent an organization or informal group of young people and that are motivated to develop and implement an international youth initiative that promotes social commitment and reflects entrepreneurial spirit.
In order to apply, you should:
• Be a citizen of one of the Erasmus + Youth in Action programme countries;
• Be able to talk and work in English;
• Be an open-minded, curious person, willing to work with other people at an international level;
• Represent an organization or informal group of young people;
• Be willing to prepare, apply and implement a transnational youth initiative, as part a group or organization;
• Preferably have an idea about what project you would like to do.
What is the programme about?
The programme is designed to enable you to develop and realize your Transnational Youth Initiative projects to be implemented after the course, including the following:
– Erasmus + Youth in Action programme – focus on Transnational Youth Initiatives.
You will receive information about the Erasmus + Youth in Action programme and learn, in particular, about the criteria and concrete examples of Transnational youth initiatives.
– Project management. You will reflect on the current needs and interests for you and your group/organization or community. You will develop ideas for specific projects to answer those needs and passions. You will learn the first steps of project management and you will apply them to your Transnational Youth Initiative projects.
– Teamwork. You will have the opportunity to develop team work as this has a strong influence on the cooperation with your partners and therefore the success of your project. Important topics are: the decision-making process, the division of tasks and the cooperation between your group and the other partner groups.
– Intercultural experience. As a consequence of an intercultural work environment you will develop an increasing awareness of: values, stereotypes, prejudices, relations between cultures, international project work.
– Contact making. You will get to know each other’s projects and/or organizations; you will share previous experiences and good practices at a local, national or European level.
Which methods will we use?
The course will be based on the principles and practices of non-formal education, taking into account your needs, motivations and previous experiences as the starting point of the programme. A diversity of working methods will be used for learning about Transnational Youth Initiative project management:
• Team exercises with reflection (debriefing),
You will receive active support for working on specific projects (preparation, implementation, evaluation) and for applying a project to key Action 2 (transnational youth initiatives, under Strategic partnerships in Erasmus + Youth in Action programme. There will be space for regular feedback and evaluations.