Training course: Here & Now
Location: Izvoare, Maramures, Romania
Dates: 25 July – 1 August 2018
Number of participants: 26
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Italy, Malta, Poland, Romania, Spain, Turkey
Organizer: YMCA Baia Mare
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 5 May 2018
Date Of Selection: 15 May 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Roxana Pascan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and visa costs will be reimbursed according to the Erasmus+ Programme regulations.
Accommodation and 3 meals per day are included.
There is no participation fee.
Travel costs Visa costs
Bulgaria 3 pax 275 EUR/pax –
Italy 3 pax 275 EUR/pax –
Macedonia 3 pax 275 EUR/pax –
Malta 3 pax 275 EUR/pax –
Portugal 3 pax 360 EUR/pax –
Romania 5 pax 20 EUR/pax –
Spain 3 pax 360 EUR/pax –
Turkey 3 pax 275 EUR/pax 60EUR/pax
Here & Now
“Here and Now” is a 7 day training course for 26 youth workers from 8 countries (Bulgaria, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Turkey and Romania) which will take place in Romania, between 25th of July – 1st of August 2018.
“Here and Now” training course is especially designed for youth workers who are working with disadvantaged youth and who want to develop their professional competences, by using outdoor as a tool for social inclusion.
• Developing social and civic competences (ex: critical thinking, communication skills, trust, helpfulness, problem solving skills, leadership, acceptance and tolerance, intercultural learning) of 26 youth workers working with disadvantaged youth, coming from 8 countries, by experimenting various non-formal education methods using outdoor as a tool for social inclusion, by actively participating at the training course “Here and Now” in Statiunea Izvoare, Maramures Romania, between 25th of July – 1st of August 2018.
• Supporting the participants in creating and designing 5 different and innovative outdoor methods for inclusion in order to reach the disadvantaged youth
• promoting the importance of non-formal education methods for social inclusion
• promoting Erasmus+ Programme and the mobility opportunities it offers to young people
• recognition of non-formal learning through the Youthpass certificate.
• promoting the importance of non-formal education methods in youth work and social inclusion,by introducing a large variety of methods to the participants
The methods used during the activities are based on non-formal education methods and experiential learning, in an outdoor context: energizers, ice-breakers, team work, role plays, brainstorming, learning by doing, learning by playing, strategic games, rope techniques, low ropes, high ropes, hiking, solo evening, debriefs, reflections, open ends, No Hate Speech, the World Cafe, NGO Bazar, the Open Space, group dynamics, etc.