Training course: DocuSpeech for Human Rights Education
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Dates: 2-11 September 2019
Number of participants: 31 participants
Participating countries: Armenia, Georgia, Germany, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal
Organizer: Frie Filmere (Youth NGO)
Apply here: Application form
Application deadline: 12 July 2019
Date of selection: 31 July 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Seg Kirakossian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no participation fee
Accommodation and food
- Food, accommodation and programme costs will be provided and fully paid thanks to financial support from Erasmus+ Programme granted by Nowegian National Agency – Aktiv Ungdom.
- The participants will be provided with three meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as with coffee breaks.
- All participants will be accommodated in the hostel and the rooms will be shared by 3, 4 or 5 people.
Country – Max. reimbursement per participant:
- Norway, Luxembourg, Germany – €530;
- Georgia – €180;
- Poland – €360;
- Portugal – €820;
- Armenia – €0.
Training course – DocuSpeech for Human Rights Education
About the Project
The project “DocuSpeech for Human Rights Education” is a 10 day Training Course that will take place in Yerevan, Armenia. During the activity educational video materials will be created to use in youth work to promote Human Rights Education.
The project “DocuSpeech for Human Rights Education” is a 10 day Training Course that will take place in Yerevan, Armenia. It will gather 31 youth leaders, youth workers from Norway, Luxembourg, Portugal, Armenia, Georgia, Germany and Poland. During the activity educational video materials will be created to use in youth work to promote Human Rights Education. As an outcome of the project the team and the participants will prepare the recommendations for the educators/trainers for using effectively video-making in human rights education.
Idea of the Project
The idea of the project is a follow-up of the TC “DocuSpeech against Hate Speech” (1-10 December, 2018, Luxembourg) which became a proof that film-making is a strategic tool for the youth workers as media tools are being used in the education of young people to increase understanding of peace and tolerance. During the project 5 video materials and the session outlines were developed to use them in educational process. The sessions are already experienced effectively. Film and especially documentary films help youth workers to expand the world of their beneficiaries, introducing them to values, struggles, innovations, and beliefs beyond our daily experience. Today, the short form documentary has filled a key role in both formal education and non-formal education. Using short documentary films in a meaningful and compelling way for young people is building social and emotional awareness on issues of intolerance, discrimination and Human Rights.
Objectives of the Project
- To develop the competences of the participants to produce educational video materials to use in youth work to promote Human Rights Education;
- To foster social inclusion especially of the young people with disabilities and fewer opportunities in general;
- To develop the competences of youth workers and youth leaders in making films in various formats;
- To develop non-formal framework for film-making as a tool for transformative learning;
- To promote understanding of the principles of democracy and participation and its influence on young people’s lives;
- To create audiovisual tools (will be uploaded also on the SALTO toolbox), with the concept of educational documentary;
- To support the field presence of the European Commission in order to promote the values behind the institution.
About Frie Filmere
Frie Filmere is an NGO working in fields of Film and Education. We work with youth, especially those from at risk areas or marginalized areas, in Audio/visual education and forms of expression. FF organizes workshops, courses and youth activities that revolve around filmmaking and theater using non formal education methods. And we partner with other organization to fill any needs for Audio/visual education.