Training course: Let’s coordinate! – Training course for coordinating organisations in Volunteering projects within Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Dates: 16-21 April 2018
Number of participants: 25
Participating countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania, Russian Federation, United Kingdom, Eastern Partnership countries , Western Balkan countries
Organizer: Agency of International Youth Cooperation
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 1 March 2018
Date Of Selection: 12 March 2018
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
_ Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
_ If you come from a country covered by the Wetern Balkan region, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
_If you come from a country covered by the Eastern Partnership region or the Russian Federation, please contact email@example.com.
(Note for sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2017)
Let’s coordinate! – Training course for coordinating organisations in Volunteering projects within Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps
3rd edition of this training course is designed for organizations implementing Volunteering Projects within Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programme (former EVS) that have intermediate to advanced level of experience with coordinating activities.
The organizations who are dealing with Volunteering Projects within Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programme will have a chance to share their previous experience all the while learning additional skills and competences that will empower them and bring more quality to their future projects.
This activity is organised by National Agency of Lithuania.
Aim: to develop capacities of experienced accredited coordinating organisations and enhance the quality of coordination in Volunteering projects.
– to ensure a thorough understanding of the project cycle in Volunteering projects;
– to explore the role of coordination organisation in Volunteering projects;
– to update on the recent development in the field of Volunteering projects and European Solidarity Corps projects;
– to get inspired for new forms of partnerships at local level;
– to empower for strategic approach in Volunteering projects throughout the whole project cycle;
– to provide space for sharing realities, experiences and good practice examples;
– to provide space for networking between participating organisations and planning of further cooperation.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
– define and explain the roles of Coordinating organization for others in Volunteering projects;
understand the challenges Coordinating organisations are faced with;
– define and explain European Solidarity Corps and understand its role;
map minimum quality standards in volunteering projects, based on different context and within Volunteering projects cycle (regions, project type, profile of volunteer, etc.);
– conceptualize the deeper meaning of Volunteering projects and its benefit to local community, volunteers and organizations;
– to enhance the quality of Volunteering projects, especially with attention to selection of partners and selection of volunteers;
– map the support mechanisms their organization is providing to the volunteers and identify weak spots in the support structure;
– critically reflect on your tailor made Volunteering project;
– identify potential partners for future projects.