Training course: Nature in Action
Location: Mas Franch, Girona, Spain
Dates: 22-29 September 2019
Number of participants: 25 participants
Participating countries: Algeria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey
Organizer: Viaje a la Sostenibilidad
Apply here: Application form
Application deadline: 15 July 2019
Date of selection: 8 August 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Carlos at email@example.com
At your arrival, a fee in cash will be asked according to the country of origin:
- Algeria, Tunisia, Turkey, Romania – 30€
- Croatia, Poland, Portugal, Czech R, Greece – 45€
- Italy, Spain, France – 60€
- Denmark – 75€
Accommodation and food
The fee together with the Erasmus+ programme will cover accommodation, food and activities and travel costs.
Travel costs will be reimbursed after the course up to 275€ for international participants (except Turkey 360€) and 100€ for Spanish participants.
Visas: Tunis and Algeria participants may consult with us for visa extra buraucratic and economic support if necessary.
Training Course – Nature in Action – Spain
Download infopack here: Training Course – Nature in Action – Spain – Abroadship.org
About the Program
This is a training course for youth workers that offers tools to empower young people to design, plan and implement actions and projects for nature. The training, which will take place in a natural environment, will explore a wide range of exercises and practical tools which can be used for more efficient and effective action planning (eg. Giving and receiving feedback, communication skills, etc.) as well as exploring regenerative culture, that is, ways to sustain our actions (nature connection, self reflection, motivation, etc).
As well as offering tools to enhance our connection with nature, our bodies and our minds (deep ecology, mindfulness, etc.), it will also address diverse examples of successful, active movements in the field of Ecological Activism (Permaculture, Extinction Rebellion, Ecosystem Restoration, etc.). In addition, a good part of the program is also devoted to the development of the potential use of learning outcomes within the contexts of the partners, the reflection of the process (Youthpass) and networking.
- Develop skills and disseminate knowledge related to the provision of effective work activities for youth and training activities with special emphasis on approaches based on nature, mindfulness and self-reflection.
- Call into question some of the current conventions and myths in the context of non-formal education through practices and reflections on how concepts such as the relationship with nature, mindfulness, body awareness and self-reflection can be incorporated into educational activities for young people.
- Create a space to facilitate empathy and a rich cultural exchange to overcome prejudices and previous conceptions.
- Provide a genuine group learning experience that facilitates simplicity and depth through the exchange of living spaces.
- Explore the dynamic balance between the triangle of oneself, the group
and the environment.
- Practice the activities proposed in the program, reflect on the methodology and incorporate learning in the youth work of the partners.
- Promote and disseminate online the different results of formative learning (activities, methods).
- Get involved: We need everyone active and participate!
- Self-reliance: You are responsible for yourself and to make a positive impact on the event.
- Self-expression: Communicate openly with the group with freedom to be your-self.
- Respect: Different cultures can be tricky. Be patient, respectful and cooperative.
- Learn and share: Share what you know, absorb everything and spread it back home!
About Viaje a la Sostenibilidad
Viaje a la Sostenibilidad founded in 2012 as an independent, environmentalist and social non-profit organization based in Zaragoza (Spain). Our main objective is to empower young people to engage in a making society more
sustainable. We promote cultural exchange and mutual understanding between young people and local youth participants. We organize awareness-raising actions with talks, meetings and graphic materials.