Training course: One Last Chance
Location: Training Centre “Daugirdiskes”, Lithuania
Dates: 17-23 July 2018
Number of participants: 28
Participating countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Czech Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Ukraine
Organizer: NGO Nectarus
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 25 May 2018
Date Of Selection: 1 June 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Laimonas Ragauskas at email@example.com
> Travel will be reimbursed based on the actual costs, but it will not exceed such limits.
– Lithuania: max. 20 eur.
– Belarus, Latvia: max. 180 eur.
– Czechia, Norway, Poland, Russia, Ukraine: max. 275 eur.
– Armenia, Azerbaijan: max. 360 eur.
– Portugal: max. 530 eur.
> Board, Lodging and Local travel is covered
40 eur. to cover extra training costs. (possibility for reduction, if justified)
One Last Chance
“One Last Chance” is a training course on development of youth workers’ competences working with conflicts, using simulation games, non-violent communication, Forum theatre among other tools.
One Last Chance will be the fourth edition of successful project aiming to develop youth workers competence in dealing with with conflicts. Take a look at the infographic, based on evaluation from previous courses: https://goo.gl/fsGyHH
>Selection criteria for participants
– Clear learning expectations
– Potential to transfer learning to youth work related context
– Commitment to active participation in preparation, implementation and follow up phases.
– Ability to communicate in English
– Above 18 years old
– To be resident from one of the eligible countries, mentioned above.
This training course was developed upon the ending of the Strategic Partnership “Borderline Boardgames” which developed, among other outcomes, the educational board game “Mission Z” which presents an effective way of experiencing and reflecting on conflict and conflict management and resolution. Take a look on the teaser video: https://goo.gl/fkgRme
> The objectives of the project are:
– Improve youth workers’ skills with practical tools and experiential non-formal activities on conflict, conflict management, resolution and transformation.
– Improve youth work quality and enhance the role of youth workers and NGOs as social facilitators spreading European values and a culture of peace, freedom, tolerance and respect.
– Develop the competence of empathy and non violent communication as skills linked to positive conflict management;
– Enhance the participants’ attitude in transforming conflict situations into learning opportunities;
– Share among youth workers and partners common concerns about issues of conflict, migration, prejudice, violent radicalisation; exchange good practices and tools;
– Promote heightened recognition of the educational value of NFE activities for building a more aware and understanding Europe.
Besides using simulation games and board games experience we as well use method of Nonviolent Communication, Empathy, Image and Forum Theatre. All those methods and all activities are based on non-formal education approach.