Training course: PeaceJam
Location: Bruxelles, Belgium – FR
Dates: 7-12 September 2020
Participating countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands
Apply here: Application form
Number of participants: 15-22
Organizer: European Peer Training Organisation
Deadline to apply: 19 August 2020
Date of Selection: 23 August 2020
Inquiries about this project: Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fee: 30 euro for 6 days intensive training, inclusive of lunch and travel costs (withing Belgium)
Accommodation and food
Accommodation options can be provided for participants living more than an hour away from Brussels.
Within Belgium: travel costs 100% covered.
Between 100km and 499km: 180 EUR per participant
Between 500km and 1999km: 275 EUR per participant
Download infopack here: PeaceJam – Erasmus plus training course – Belgium – abroadship.org
Please note: this training is open to young people living in belgium, the netherlands, luxembourg, france and germany connected to schools and/or youth organisations in their country where they will be able to facilitate at least 12 hours of workshops from september to november.
The European Peer Training Organisation (EPTO) and PeaceJam are proposing a unique opportunity to discover a new training programme based on Compassion in Action, PeaceJam’s powerful award-winning curriculum, and completed by EPTO’s expertise in the field of facilitation and peer education.
EPTO and its partners developed a new peer training programme for group leaders who wish to create inclusive communities through positive youth development. Building upon the powerful methodology of peer training, it fosters young people’s core competences from altruism and compassion, to action and engagement – and helps youth value diversity and create inclusive communities.
In order to fully explore this comprehensive programme passing from awareness-raising to taking action, and leading to a certification in the EPTO network, we are proposing a 6-day training process. The peer training programme will take place in Brussels, Belgium,
7th – 12th September 2020.
The training course aims to foster youth engagement and youth leadership by equipping young people with facilitation, training and coaching tools to make systemic social change for a more inclusive society.
– Develop skills in training, facilitation and coaching for social inclusion, more specifically to build on young people’s capacity to deliver PeaceJam award-winning curriculum “Compassion in Action”;
– Enhance participants’ understanding of peace education, service-learning and youth-led social change through a holistic and experiential approach, in particular by training participants on PeaceJam curriculum “Compassion in Action”;
– Provide young people with tools for individual and common action for change, including intercultural dialogue, compassionate leadership, building inclusive and cohesive communities;
– Establish a sustainable cooperation between participants to implement common activities aiming to build (cohesive) infrastructures of peace within and outside of their inclusive communities.
Profile of Participants and eligibility criteria:
– Young people living in Belgium;
– Young people living in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and France, AND connected to local schools and youth organisations where they could facilitate at least 12 hours of workshops by November 2020 as part of the follow-up activity;
– Participants aged between 18 and 30 years old (according to the funding rules with Erasmus +);
– Participants motivated and committed to become certified EPTO trainers (12 hours to complete from September to November 2020 to receive EPTO certification level 2);
– Participants motivated to continue facilitating training and coaching peers with PeaceJam and EPTO for at least a year after completion of the course (at least 30 hours to receive EPTO certification level 3);
– No previous experience with training, facilitation and Non-Formal Education is required;
– Able to communicate and work in English;
– Preferably able to communicate and work in French OR Dutch;
– Being able to attend the entire duration of the course (6 days from 7th to 12th September).