Training Course: PhD – Portable Happiness Device
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Dates: 23-29 April 2020
Number of participants: 25
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Apply here: application form (Need to register on Salto)
Organizer: Tempus Public Foundation – ERASMUS+ YOUTH NA
Deadline to apply: 9 March 2020
Date of Selection: 23 March 2020
Inquiries about this training course: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organize the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food. Please note that accomodation will be arranged in gender based double rooms.
Please contact your National Agency (NA) or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
PhD – Portable Happiness Device
Download programme here: PhD – Portable Happiness Device
PhD! is a training course (TC) enabling Youth Workers and Youth Leaders to discover how to create a sustainable safe space for the youth in their community. Participants will be exploring the power of emotions in action, behavior and human relationship.
As a part of the project, they will create their PhD – Portable Happiness Device.
Content and Objectives
The main goal of the TC is to explore what does it mean a safe space in which youngsters can experiment, fail, learn, and express themselves without fear of judgment.
Upon graduating from PhD! Training course, participants will
● Create their personal definition of “safe space”
● Understand the relevance of emotional competences in everyday life and be able to use them while working with youth
● Create a personal Portable Happiness Device
● Design an action plan on how to promote and support a safe space for their target group in their community
● Establish a peer-mentoring group supporting them with the implementation of the action plan
We are going to explore the physical and psychological aspects of safe space.
The activities during PhD! will be carried out indoor as well as outdoor.
The general setting is the creation of a playground for experiential learning based on active participation, group interaction and theoretical inputs, and an important approach is co-creation.
Creativity and exchange of experiences and knowledge among participants are central aspects of the methodology. Participants are therefore required to play an active role and bring their own contribution to the whole program.
Together with the trainers, participants are going to explore the safe space by simulation games, group discussions and reflection, body-mind activities and creative construction of the portable tool.
The general approach is based on the principles of non-formal learning and self-directed learning.
- you are 20+ years old (exceptions can be made, but not granted, upon experience and motivation)
- you are a youth worker (actively working with a group of youngsters, ie. people between 13 – 30 years), youth leader (having an influence on a group of youngsters) and educator (working with methods of non formal education)
- you agree to take an active part in all the phases of the project (preparation, training course, dissemination)
The participants are not required to have previous experience or knowledge on emotional competencies or space design but they should be interested in developing their understanding and skills about these topics in their daily youth work.
In case you have any accessibility needs, please inform the organizer about them as soon as possible so that we can try to meet all accessibility needs.