Training Course: Power of Improvisation
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus
Dates: 27 November – 3 December 2022
Number of participants: 36
Participating countries: Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Ukraine
Apply here: link
Deadline: 10 August 2022
Date of selection: 15 August 2022
Inquiries about this project:
- Participation fee: there is no participation fee
- Accommodation and food: the costs of accommodation and food are covered by our budget for the Training. There will be no expenses whatsoever. Everything will be provided except for personal expenses, which will be the responsibility of the participants.
- Travel reimbursement: travel costs will be reimbursed. Depending on the country, participants are allowed different amounts of reimbursements upon receipt.
Participants from Cyprus are allowed up to €23.
Participants from Belarus are allowed up to €360.
Participants from Bulgaria are allowed up to €275.
Participants from Georgia are allowed up to €275.
Participants from Poland are allowed up to €360.
Participants from Ukraine are allowed up to €275.
Participants from Croatia are allowed up to €275.
Participants from Armenia are allowed up to €275.
Participants from the Republic of North Macedonia are allowed up to €275.
Power of Improvisation
We all see that the world is constantly changing now even more than before. The situation young people face is complicated, challenging, and ambiguous but at the same time full of opportunities. This PDA will gather youth from different counties in order to equip them with competencies, soft skills, adaptability and the ability to think out of the box. They will find alternative ways and other skills essential for being initiative and having an entrepreneurial mindset. The perfect instrument for this is improvisational theatre. The aim of the project is to empower young people and to increase the sense of youth entrepreneurship by using tools and methods of improvisational theatre.
Project-specific objectives are:
- to develop competencies, social skills and entrepreneurial mindset through applied improvisation
- to give an understanding and feeling of Improvisation as a tool for personal development and as a method in youth work
- to introduce and provide basic knowledge and practice on social entrepreneurship
- to provide a space for taking initiative and sharing best practices focusing on non-formal educational methods
The idea is to use a variety of different Non Formal educational methods as well as methods of improvisational theatre.