Training course: “POWER” – Project factory for Empowerment of Young People In & After Imprisonment
Location: Jurmala, Latvia
Dates: 19-25 April 2020
Number of participants: 30
Apply here: Application form (need to register on SALTO)
Organizer: The Finnish National Agency for Education
Deadline to apply: 22 March 2020
Date of Selection: 27 March 2020
Inquiries about this project: email@example.com
This project is financed by the European Solidarity Corps Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Travel arrangements for participants from Eastern Partnership countries and Russia will be organized by Latvian National Agency.
“POWER” – Project factory for Empowerment of Young People In & After Imprisonment
Training programme for staff members of closed institutions (detention services, prisons), probation centres, NGO’s to explore non-formal learning and develop common European Solidarity Corps & Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects involving young people.
Training programme has following objectives:
– To provide time and space for sharing good practices and methodologies on social inclusion from participants’ experience and daily work with young people in or after imprisonment
– To give an opportunity to define the role and place for non-formal learning in work with young people in or after imprisonment
– To establish new partnerships and networks on national and international level for further collaborations
– To develop concrete project ideas that can be implemented under European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus+: Youth in Action
The methodology of the project factory is based on the fundamental principles of non-formal education.
An essential element of the methodology is based on the holistic nature of the learning experience, through methods that involve not only cognitive or intellectual approaches but also covering the behavioural and attitudinal ones.
The diversity of working methods (presentations, open space technology, design thinking, energizers, individual reflection, technical project management, feedback techniques, teamwork, etc.) will make more sense than ever in order to better illustrate the meaning of non-formal learning and support youth empowerment in and after imprisonment.
Profile of participants:
– Staff members of closed institutions like detention services, prisons etc. (social workers, psychologists, project coordinators, youth workers, etc.) and probation services who work with young people on a daily basis
– NGO members working or willing to work in closed institutions
– Able to work in English
– Aged 18+
– Ready and able to take part in the training programme for its all duration
Participants are invited to apply in tandems or individually to foster cooperation and mutual support in implementation of common projects aiming at empowering young people in and after imprisonment. Participants will be provided the mentoring support during and after the training course. After the training course partnerships are expected to develop and submit project application within the European Solidarity corps and Erasmus+ programme. By applying for a training course participants commit themselves to cooperate in the development of a project application.
Training in April is followed by practical phase as individual/team work in participants organisations with mentoring support from trainers in the development of a project applications.
The language of the training course will be English.
Trainers: Natalya Gudakovska and Federica Milano.