Training course: Presence Dealers
Place: Monte Mariposa Retreat Centre, Portugal
Dates: 22-31 January 2021
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic
Apply here: application form
Number of participants: 25
Organizer: Keti Keta
Deadline to apply: 15 December 2020
Date of Selection: 20 December 2020
Inquiries about this project: Andrej Dobes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation contribution: 50 – 120 eur.
We ask you to self assess your contribution, balancing your actual situation, the participation to 8 full days of activities.
Money shouldn’t be an obstacle for your participation. In case you cannot effort the contribution, please contact us.
Accommodation and food
The training course has been created with financial support from Erasmus+ programme. Accomodation,
food and training program are provided.
The travel costs of the participants will be refunded after the training course usually within 6 – 8 weeks (after participants send all their travel documents etc.).
Portugal – 180 EUR
Italy – 275 EUR
Czech Republic & Romania & Slovakia & Greece – 360 EUR
Latvia – 530 EUR
We invite you to be, move, play, observe, listen, share, explore, experiment, challenge ourselves, learn from within and from each other, get to know new people & ways & attitudes, and create this experience together.
Training own awareness, acceptance and sense of presence can improve the quality of our days and the things we do. We will learn how to be present and to tune and respond properly to the needs of the diverse people and situations we are working with.
Mindfulness develops the skill to bring one’s attention to the present moment on purpose and serves to strengthen one’s capacity for stress resistance, kindness and compassion both in personal and professional life. Science-based methods allow participants in training to experience visceral, ‘in the moment’ practices within an overtly reflective and supportive environment.
Furthermore, mindfulness cultivates one’s skill to welcome and observe the incoming inputs from inside and outside without attachment, not to be dragged or manipulated by emotions and upcoming thoughts. It also represents a more fitting response to the complexity of human relations in which youth workers operate and thereby help to preserve the integrity of process-based practice. Enhanced concentration and clarity brings more creativity into trainers’ daily work and supports learners’ success.
Who is this training for?
The training was designed for youth workers & volunteers and other people who work with people, that want to refresh their skills and attitudes to their days, to other people, to work and to the world.
We aim to have overall number of 25 participants from Czech Republic, Slovenia, Italy, Romania, Latvia, Greece and France. The participants must be over 18 years and have a communicative level of English language, so that they can participate fully in a program that will be in English.
This training is for you, if you…
- want to explore and experiment with specific tools from non formal fields (body based methods, theater, movement, dance, nature based methods, meditation, arts, creative expression),
- want to use and imply the learned skills in your professional work with people,
- are open to sharing your own skills and learning the skills with others,
- are motivated and willing to commit to work during the whole duration of the project (preparation, training course, follow-up activities)
What we will be doing?
- collecting new inputs and inspiration that renew motivations to act with commitment and new ideas.
- refreshing curiosity and playfulness in approaching your work
- improving your trainers’ and personal skills to be more efficient, adaptable, responding to issues and demands in your work and daily life.
- widening your perspectives and points of view to see new opportunities, create new patterns, and avoid situations of stalemate when working with people with different cultural background.
- gathering specific tools from non formal fields (theater, dance, meditation, creative expression) that are not easily accessible for all the youth workers.
By training your own awareness, acceptance, sense of initiative you can improve the quality of your being and of your actions. We wish to support you in finding ways to be more resilient and empathic through mindfulness – by developing your skills to be fully present, listen, accept and act, by equipping you with mindfulness based tools that you can later on use in your practice.
In the 8 days together, we will be, move, play, observe, listen, share, explore, experiment, challenge ourselves, learn from within and from each other, get to know new people & ways & attitudes, and create this experience together. We will be exploring the principles and techniques of various mindfulness-based methodologies. We will be learning by doing. The dramaturgy of the program, the red line connecting above mentioned activities, uses a combination of meditation, body awareness, mindful movement and exploration of patterns of behaviour, thinking, feeling and action. The course will also have a strong component based on the sharing of ideas, opinions, experiences and best practices, so if you consider joining the training, start thinking of some activities, you would like to propose. Also, bear in mind that previous experiences with mindfulness practices are not needed to attend the training.
More about the project: https://mindfulyouthwork.wixsite.com/mindful/tcpresencedealers2021