Training course: Social entrepreneurship for change
Location: Sleepy Lion Hostel, Leipzig, Germany
Dates: 21-29 July 2018
Number of participants: 33
Participating countries: Cyprus, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom
Organizer: Lucky Punch Jugendhilfe gGmbH
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 30 March 2018
Date Of Selection: 3 April 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Florian at firstname.lastname@example.org
All costs (travel, food, accommodation, training, local transport) are covered according to the Erasmus+ programme rules and agreements.
The travel costs will be covered according to the Erasmus+ distance calculator (see info pack).
There is no participation fee.
Social entrepreneurship for change
The training course will increase the quality of youth work services for migrants and refugees by equipping youth workers with competencies necessary for development of social entrepreneurship ideas and projects.
Due to the current political and social situation in the world, Europe has faced the problem of huge waves of immigrants. In the face of such economic and social challenges, there is demand, especially for young people of migrant and refugee background, to better prepare them for today’s varied and unpredictable career paths
The objective of the project is to tackle youth unemployment especially in respect of young people of migrant and refugee background, across the EU through innovative solutions including social entrepreneurship, and raising awareness on youth unemployment. This project also aims to ensure equal access to employment across the society, particularly among young people with migrant and refugee background through equipping them with relevant skills.
The main aim of the project is to increase the quality of youth work services for migrants and refugees by equipping youth workers (coordinators, facilitators, mentors) with competencies necessary for development of social entrepreneurship ideas and projects.
The project is based on an intensive learning process to reach following objectives:
• To enable participants to go through a process of development of social entrepreneurship projects and reflect on its different steps;
• To gain understanding on how to do social entrepreneurship projects and how to make it relevant for the needs of young migrants and refugees;
• To increase the knowledge of the background to social entrepreneurship (theory, concepts, steps, philosophy);
• To develop practical skills in designing and implementing social entrepreneurship projects;
• Raising awareness about problems that young migrants and refugees are experiencing
• Introducing tools regarding how social enterprises tackle societal problems in respect of young migrants and refugees
• To motivate youth workers in order to undertake and utilise social enterpreneurship as a force for social change
• To introduce necessary tools to youth workers on how to find innovative ways of tackling social problems in respect of young migrants and refugees
• To develop pilot projects which address social challenges in their organisations or community
• Equipping youth workers with the relevant skills of how they can cope with social problems of young migrants and refugees in their society
The “right track” involves the use of innovative pedagogical methods, enjoyable and inspirational environments, collaborative learning that rests on a competence-based and learner-centered approach. keeping learners in the learning pathway and encourage a positive attitude towards learning throughout life.