Training course: Soft Skills for Youth Workers
Location: London, United Kingdom
Dates: 25 May – 2 June 2020
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Estonia, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom
Number of participants: 32
Apply here: Application form
Organizer: Worldview Impact Foundation
Deadline to apply: 1 April 2020
Date of Selection: 2 April 2020
Inquiries about this project: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation and food
%100 accommodation food and program materials are covered as well as the organization.
%100 traveling costs (only most economical are covered, up to the maximum limits per person per country, is shown below.
Soft Skills for Youth Workers
Download infopack here: Soft Skills for Youth Workers – London – UK – Erasmus plus training course – abroadship.org
The project will take place in London, the UK at the venue Rest Up London Hostel.
The project is designed in accordance with the objectives, priorities and important features of the Erasmus+ Program. Particularly, it will increase opportunities for professional and career development of youth workers and youth leaders and improve their competences regarding soft skills.
The training course ”Soft Skills for Youth Workers – SSYW” will involve 32 youth workers and representatives of NGOs from 9 program countries (United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Spain, Turkey).
Our objectives are:
1. Make participants familiar with the current concept of soft skills, different groups of soft skills, and their importance in personal and career development.
2. To give to the participants the platform to further the problems with the soft skills they face personally and in their work.
3. Develop and improve the next groups of soft skills at the participants:
Personal and interpersonal skills;
4. To give to the participants the space to share their experience and best practice on development and improvement of soft skills.
5. To improve participants’ professional competencies, to increase their motivation and satisfaction in work.
6. Improve the quality and efficiency of participants’ work for the benefit of the participants themselves, their organizations and the target groups of young people, while applying developed/improved soft skills.
7. To improve the soft skills of young people the participants work applying developed/improved soft skills and developing more activities on soft skills for young people.
8. To improve the quality of youth work in general.
9. To inspire the participants to promote soft skills development among their colleagues, youth target groups and other youth NGOs.
During the training, non-formal education methods will be used, a heterogeneous group of participants will have the chance to learn from each other. The course will include role-plays, case studies, group work, visual presentations, collages, simulation games, and outdoor activities that will be implemented with participants.
During the project, participants will find a chance to improve their knowledge & skills on the subject.
The language of the course is gonna be English and courses will be based on non-formal education methods such as group works, simulations so the learning will be based on the motivation of each participant.
Venue: London, UK