Training Course: Storytelling for Global Change
Location: Olomouc (ecological centre Slunakov) , Czech Republic
Dates: 2-9 February 2019
Number of participants: 27
Participating countries: Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom
Organizer: Vice Versa CZ
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 13 January 2019
Date Of Selection: 14 January 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Bara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fee is on a sliding scale between 50 and 120€, each participant can decide the precise amount according to his/ her financial possibilities.
Accommodation and food
The project has been financed by the Erasmus+ programme. The costs related to accommodation and food will be completely covered by the hosting organisation. Accommodation will be provided in shared rooms (2 or 4 people), meals will be provided 5x daily.
Travel costs will be covered according to the Erasmus+ standards in these amounts:
Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland: 180 €
Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain and UK: 275 € Portugal: 360 €
The reimbursement will be done via bank transfer shortly after the training course.
Storytelling for Global Change
2-9 February 2019 | Olomouc (ecological centre Slunakov) , Czech Republic
Do you want to explore STORYTELLING as a tool of promoting democratic values, inclusion & critical thinking of young people? Are you interested in GLOBAL EDUCATION? Do you want to work on MEDIA literacy of young people? Apply now! :)
★ WHAT IS IT? ★
“Storytelling for Global Change” is a training course that combines stories, media, global education and active citizenship to empower trainers, educators, youth workers and give them better tools to do their work in these fast changing times. It will take place in a beautiful environmental center Slunakov (https://slunakov.cz), about 2,5 hours from Prague.
★ MAIN ELEMENTS ★
In the “Storytelling for Global Change” training course we combine 3 main elements:
– STORYTELLING with focus on spreading positive messages (especially about inclusion groups and marginalised people)
– MEDIA literacy, deconstructing toxic narrative, anti-hate speech etc.
– GLOBAL EDUCATION with focus on understanding the recent refugee crisis, it’s background, environmental and political reasons, and possible solutions
★ HOW WILL WE WORK? ★
The programme will include many different activities, theory and practice of different forms of storytelling (from theatre to writing, presentation skills, social media), plus reflection, discussions, open workshops to encourage critical thinking and personal contributions. Diving deeper into storytelling, we will learn about story structures, relatable and powerful characters, how to create a compelling narrative.
A strong focus will be put on how to pass the results of the course to the organisations and the beneficiaries back home. The dissemination of results, being this a training course on media awareness and use, will have a central role and we will produce infographics and reports easy to share and with a high visibility.
Some of the competences that will be developed during the course will be: storytelling; effective communication; awareness about the relations between ecology, economics, technology, media & democracy; active citizenship; better understanding of global issues around education and democracy.
★ WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES? ★
– to inform and reflect on current trends in MEDIA (including fake news) and and on how to be critical users and creators of content;
– to explore the use of STORYTELLING in youth work, education, and for creating positive media image of diversity groups, contrasting spreading of violence and hate speech
– to introduce current concepts of GLOBAL EDUCATION, learn more about poverty, inequalities and climate change
– to establish PARTNERSHIPS between organisations working with diversity, storytelling, global education and exchange good practices
★ WHO IS IN THE TRAINER TEAM? ★
Bára Rodi: Czechia (http://trainers.salto-youth.net/BaraRodi/)
Carmine Rodi Falanga: Italy/ Czechia (http://trainers.salto-youth.net/CarmineRodi)/
Gareth Conlon, Ireland