Training course: SUPPORTING YOUTH TO ACT LOCAL, BE SOCIAL
Location: Woodrow High House, LONDON, United Kingdom
Dates: 26 May – 2 June 2018
Number of participants: 32
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, United Kingdom
Organizer: Creative Opportunities
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 18 March 2018
Date Of Selection: 31 March 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Leila Usmani at email@example.com
– Accommodation, food, refreshments, course materials – 100% covered
– Travel costs will be reimbursed fully up to the stated amount per country (see attached recruitment sheet for details) in EUR€**
– Visa costs for participants who are coming from / nationals of Macedonia or Turkey will be reimbursed up to EUR 400€ per participant. This can include travel to get your visa.
**For those who will be paying their travel in another currency to EUR€, the conversion rate will be based on the Erasmus+ site depending on the month the funding was paid into Creative Opportunities account.
Erasmus+ is a co-funded project, and so to ensure all the quality conditions for an impactful training are met we ask that each participant contributes €40. The participation fee can be discussed case by case if some participants are paying more than the limit for travel mentioned before or experience difficult financial situation. The participation fee will be taken off the travel reimbursement amount.
SUPPORTING YOUTH TO ACT LOCAL, BE SOCIAL
Learn how to tackle various indicators of inequality and under representation within your work, passing on this attitude to the young people you work with
Reflect on and discuss issues of identity and community, to learn and collaborate together on local and wider issues that affect young people in your localities
Develop resilience to various risks or challenges when supporting young people to undertake social action of their own in future
Develop networks to be able to continue to catalyse positive change in your communities, through leadership, volunteering and civic participation
Increase the professional development of youth workers across Europe to be able to address issues that affect young people
The training course will take place over one week, 6 days of training with one afternoon ‘free’. It will be an intense programme, and some activities will take place in the evening after dinner, so applicants must be available for the entire duration.
The prospective participants (32 in total) should:
– Be youth workers, leader’s coordinators, facilitators and trainers from active NGOs or public bodies that have mission and objectives that are related to social change.
– Have an idea about what issues affect young people where they work and have the desire to help change negative experiences into positive ones
– Understand the importance of equality, inclusion, anti-discrimination
– Be open to meeting new people from different countries and spending an intense period of time together, motivated and dedicated to learn and contribute to the training course
– Be willing and ready to share the outcomes of the training course with their young people, their local region and further if possible, by undertaking certain dissemination activities
– Be at least 18 years old
– Have at least medium level of English comprehension (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities)
– The participants should be resident (living in) of one of following countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, UK
We welcome applications from people with physical and learning disabilities, Black and minority ethnic / people of colour, LGBTQ+ folk, refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, women and marginalised genders. If you require support in completing the application or wish to access it in a different format (i.e. large print, verbal), have any questions, queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Creative Opportunities or the partner organisation in your country.
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fully fill in the application form by following this link:
It is also helpful if you contact the local partner organisation in the country you live to tell them you are interested in applying. Click the link next to the logo on the Recruitment Call document for their contact.
Please note we will prioritize applicants who are selected by the partner organisations of this project. If places are filled before the stated deadline we will let people know who have applied.
Deadline to apply is 18 March 2018. We will be telling people if they are successful by 31 March 2018. Please do not book any travel until you have confirmation!
For more information please send us an email below. We suggest that you read the information presented in the call beforehand and make sure you are completely able to commit to the timeframe.
We look forward to hearing from you!