Training Course: The power of communication
Location: Reims, France
Dates: 6-14 October 2019
Number of participants: 31 participants
Participating countries: Croatia, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Turkey
Organizer: Jus Gentium
Deadline to apply: 6 September 2019
Date of selection: 12 September 2019
Inquiries about this project: Ataberk Ozcan at email@example.com
Costs: Training Course is co-funded by Erasmus+:
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- traveling costs are covered, up to the maximum expenses:
- €180 / participants from France;
- €275 / participants from Italy, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, The Republic of North Macedonia;
- €360 / participants from Turkey;
- Participation fee – there’s a participation fee of €50 per participant per training course.
Training Course – The Power of Communication
About the Project
With this LTTC «The Power of Communication», we’d like to tackle the competence of youth workers and trainers to build and to facilitate the meaningful communication process with different stakeholders involved in educational process.
Objectives of the Project
- to discuss and come to common understanding of what efficient communication is and its role in educational process;
- to discover how communication is related to human rights and human dignity;
- to develop skills in the competence area “communicating meaningfully with others”;
- to develop skills in intercultural communication in diverse environments and with learners from different backgrounds;
- to reflect on the specifics in communication process in different dimensions such as educator – young people, educator-educator, educator-institution (organisation) and come up with strategies for fostering efficient communication process;
- to reflect on the effects of non-verbal communication, and how it’s linked with the personal attitudes to become conscious about personal body language when working in multicultural environment.
The Structure of the LTTC
Activity 1: a generic training course which will be focused on building competences of educators in the competence area “communicating meaningfully with others” (according to ETS) on individual level ( dimension educator-learner, educator -educator);
Online course: between 2 residential training courses, we will offer participants an online course which will support their learning process between 2 motilities as well as prepare them for the local practice;
Local practice: Between 2 trainings participants will need to prepare and run a workshop in their local realities, where they will practice gained competences;
Activity 2 (02-10 February 2020) : a training course which will be focused on building competences of educators in the competence area “communicating meaningfully with others” on group/ team level. ( dimension: educator -team, educator-organisation).