Training course: The Power of Non Formal Education
Location: Durbuy, Belgium – FL
Dates: 26 November – 1 December 2018
Number of participants: 25-30 participants participants
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: JINT – Belgian-Flemish National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 2 September 2018
Date Of Selection: 19 September 2018
Inquiries about this training course: Inez Adriaensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The Power of Non Formal Education
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in empowering young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe) and building bridges between different educational methods, approaches or reflections.
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Youth in Action.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring, …
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
1/ PRE-TRAINING IMMERSION (6 WEEKS BEFORE THE TC):
Participants receive weekly newsletters in order to start the training process before the residential training course:
– Introduce some key elements and concepts (formal, non-formal, informal…)
– Make participants reflect about their daily practices.
– Discover through short presentations the team members and participants.
Creation of a Facebook group as additional tool
2/ THE TRAINING COURSE (4 DAYS AND A HALF):
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process, …
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
3/ THE AFTER-TRAINING CONSOLIDATION (8 WEEKS):
Trainers will be available for participants for a supportive and consulting approach, mainly in the implementation of their action plan.
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
More info? See pax pack in ‘downloads’