Training Course: The Power of non formal education – I Euromed edition
Location: Amman, Jordan
Dates: 13-19 January 2020
Number of participants: 30
Organizer: Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani ANG
Apply here: Application form (need to register on SALTO)
Deadline to apply: 6 December 2019
Date of selection: 13 December 2019
Inquiries about this project: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your National Agency or SALTO Euromed Resource Centre to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The Italian National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your National Agency (NA) or SALTO Euromed in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO Euromed again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The Power of non formal education – I Euromed edition
Why this Training Course?
To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Erasmus + Youth in Action and European Solidarity Corps Programmes
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe and MEDA neighbouring region.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To inspire and reflect on the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.