Training course: Training for Trainers
Location: Olde Vechte Foundation, Ommen, Netherlands
Dates: 31 January – 6 February 2019
Number of participants: Max. 24 participants
Participating countries: Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries
Organizer: Olde Vechte Foundation
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 6 January 2019
Date Of Selection: 14 January 2019
Inquiries about this training course: Marko Vlaming at email@example.com
- €360 General participation fee
- €460 Participation fee for people living in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom
Discount 10% – if you have done an Event Wise or Practicing Coaching training
Accommodation and food
Olde Vechte offers an elegant all-inclusive training experience. The participation fee includes accommodation and food expenses at the site of the training. It also covers all necessary materials and relevant training material.
Participants take care of their own travel expenses. There is no reimbursement happening.
Training for Trainers
Training for Trainers is a 7-day international course for trainers experienced in the youth field and it’s build upon 4 elements: provocative training, unique method of training design, somatic aspects of trainership and contextual learning.
Training for trainers is a 7-day training course organised by Olde Vechte Foundation, a training center with a long history in non-formal education, coaching, personal development, social and cultural work since 1966.
<< WATCH OUT! The training is for experienced trainers in the youth field, it is designed for those who already are experienced in working with groups of young people, have their training method and understand the progress of creating and delivering a training. >>
We offer spots for 24 participants. This group size allows the close work with the main trainers and the small team of international assistant trainers.
The training aims to challenge the current working methods of the participant and to provide answers to the following questions:
- Who am I as a trainer/youth worker?
- What are my unique qualities?
- In which direction do I want to develop my method?
<< THE 4 ELEMENTS OF THE TRAINING >>
- PROVOCATIVE TRAINING
With love, humour and challenge, we offer a setting where you can go beyond your regular practice and see how you can shape your own distinctive training method.
- UNIQUE METHOD FOR TRAINING DESIGN
Discover ways to develop and facilitate a training on many subjects based on your own structured method. This will speed up your behaviour change as a trainer and will explore how ready you are to drop your training plan and to create a dynamic and engaging program for young people on the spot.
- SOMATIC ASPECTS ON TRAINERSHIP
Every part of the training is infused with embodied exercises so you explore and develop
an effective embodied training behavior.
- CONTEXTUAL LEARNING
A context is created by multiple elements and it directs the meaning and the outcome of the training. By guiding the context, you will be able to create and use intentionally the elements of your training in order to move towards your goals. Therefore your role is to stimulate.
<< WHAT WILL YOU GAIN AS PARTICIPANT >>
- MASTER SOMATIC ASPECTS IN TRAINERSHIP
Master all somatic aspects of your performance (gestures, facial expressions, voice, pauses, breathing, muscle tone, posture, positioning and state management)
- DELIVER A PERSONALIZED TRAINING
– Learn to recognize trainable critical behavioral points
– Be able to deliver a training on any topic
– Be able to adjust the learning experience to your target group
– Creating personalized checklists for different procedures
- BE CONTENT IN FRONT OF THE GROUP
– Know what is needed to present and introduce your training
– Practice working with a group
– Practice new ways of observing the group and collecting information from the group
- DESIGN A TRAINING ON DIFFERENT TOPICS AND TARGET GROUPS
– Develop your own training approach
– Create a training through our 12 step phase model
– Successfully detect your target group’s problem and offer a solution
– Understand how to build up activities in a programme
– Learn how to effectively give instructions
– Learn how to smoothly reflect after an activity
– Learn how to lure participants into learning and didactically go from one topic to another
– Together with other participants, create relevant training material and common resources online
- CREATE THE ROLE AND METHOD OF A TRAINER
– Develop your own training approach (do you ask instead of giving answers, are you distant or are you close to the group etc.)
- CREATE AND MANAGE CONTEXT
– Use and develop context to shape desirable training outcome
For more information download the infoletter.