Training course: Tuning In: to Learning and Youthpass
Dates: 19-24 February 2018
Number of participants: 25
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Organizer: Agenzia nazionale per i giovani
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 15 November 2017
Inquiries about this training course: Alessia Cecchini: firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Tuning In: to Learning and Youthpass
There is a lot of learning taking place in youth work. There is also growing attention on how to make better use of that aspect of youth work, in the view of the societal developments affecting young people and the shifting views on learning and education as such. The facilitation of learning has become an increasingly important topic, with more and more youth workers facing the questions outlined above.
The course will tackle questions such as:
– What is the learning potential of youth work, what kind of competences can young people develop?
– How can we support that potential, the learning process of the young people that participate in the Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme and beyond?
– What is our approach, what is our role as youth workers, trainers, mentors and coaches? and
– How can we support that learning outcomes are documented and formulated in a way that will be beneficial in the future?
The main aim of the training course ‘Tuning In’ is to contribute to the development of quality in youth work, with the focus on learning. The framework of the course is the Youthpass process that helps to reinforce the learning process in youth activities and to highlight the learning outcomes. During the training course, the Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects are being considered, as well as the wider youth work context.
The objectives of the training course are:
– To discuss the potential of learning in youth work;
– To help to raise young people’s awareness of learning in youth work projects;
– To develop ideas and practice tools on how to support the learning process;
– To give practical support to document and formulate the learning outcomes.
These objectives will be addressed from the perspective of the participants themselves as learners, as well as in their role as facilitators of the learning of the young people they work with. Participants will explore and experience a wide variety of methods and tools around learning, reflection, peer-learning, competence development and formulating learning outcomes. We will look into the evidence about competence development in youth work; insights and ideas about how people learn will challenge us to rethink learning and the facilitation of learning.
The target group of the course:
– Youth work practitioners (youth workers, mentors, trainers, etc., working with young people professionally or voluntarily), interested in developing the learning aspect of their work with young people;
– Able to use English as a working and learning language;
– Available to commit oneself to the whole duration of the training course.
The team of the training course consists of SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre and three trainers with long-term experience in the training of youth workers and of trainers, on a wide array of topics: Mara Arvai, Mieke Neven McMahon and Paul Koosterman. The preparation and implementation of the course is supported by the Italian National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action.