Training Course: Uniting Youth for Ecotourism
Location: Kapraluv Mlyn, Czech Republic
Dates: 6-13 November 2017
Number of participants: 31
Participating countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Spain
Organizer: Youth and Environment Europe
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 27 August 2017
Inquiries about this training course: Natalia Luchko: email@example.com
Costs: Free accommodation and vegetarian food will be provided to all participants for whole duration of the training course. There is no participation fee in this training course.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to a maximum per participant from:
_ Czech Republic, Hungary: 180 EUR
_ Albania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Italy, Germany, Spain, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo*UN Resolution: 275 EUR
_ Armenia, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Georgia: 360 EUR
Uniting Youth for Ecotourism
Under ecotourism we understand “responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people, and involves interpretation and education”. We believe that many local communities can benefit from promoting ecotourism in their areas, especially if they are located close to natural parks and protected areas. As YEE is a youth organisation, we would like to find ways to empower young Europeans to feel more responsible for their homes and communities and to have sufficient competences to promote ecotourism and protect their homeland.
The aim of this training course is to strengthen youth participation and active citizenship through ecotourism and related projects.
• To define the role and importance of ecotourism in local communities.
• To create the common understanding about youth participation in local communities through ecotourism.
• To provide space for partners to share the experience of organising ecotourism projects with young people.
• To expand the knowledge and skills needed for organising ecotourism related projects in local communities.
• To create space for networking and building new partnerships among environmental youth organisations.
Apply for this project if you want to:
• Widen your knowledge about the importance of youth participation;
• Gain new knowledge on the development of ecotourism for local communities;
• Gain knowledge on how to encourage young people to be active and promote active citizenship through ecotourism;
• Get ideas on how to increase an interest in ecotourism among local community;
• Share experience and best practices in creating ecotourism related projects.
Profile of the participants:
• 18-30 years old (with few participants who can be over 30).
• Good knowledge of English.
• Actively involved in environmental youth organisations (as employees or volunteers), the preference will be given to representatives of YEE Member organisations and partners of the project.
• Concerned about biodiversity, environmentalism and interested in a responsible way of traveling and sustainable development of local environment.
• Actively involved in local and regional community.
• You do not necessarily have experience in ecotourism, but should be experienced in working with youth and able to contribute as agents, by sharing knowledge gained during the training course with other young people.
• The participants will arrange local actions as part of the follow-up of the training course, and therefore you should have experience in organising local activities and be strongly connected to your sending organisations.