Training course: Unleashing the Power of Social Entrepreneurs
Location: Liepāja, Latvia
Dates: 2-10 August 2018
Number of participants: 25
Participating countries: Poland, Portugal
Organizer: Inspiration by Motion.Latvia
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 8 June 2018
Date Of Selection: 13 June 2018
Inquiries about this training course: INSPIRATION BY MOTION.LATVIA at firstname.lastname@example.org
This training course is funded through the Erasmus+ program, therefore accommodation, food, materials, the program and the travel costs up to the maximum allowed amount will be fully reimbursed, as it follows:
-Portugal 360 eur
-Poland 275 eur
Each participants’ contribution is 30€ per person to be paid upon arrival.
UPRISE- “Unleashing the Power of Social Entrepreneurs”
The training course UPRISE- “Unleashing the Power of Social Entrepreneurs” aims to develop the capacity of youth workers to address refugee related issues in their work with young people using social entrepreneurship as a tool.
The training course UPRISE- “Unleashing the Power of Social Entrepreneurs” aims to develop the capacity of youth workers to raise awareness and address refugee related issues in their work with young people using the tool of social entrepreneurship.
The training course will be based on non-formal learning methods and principles, intercultural dialogue and communication including group discussions, interactive presentations, participant’s lead workshops, team work etc.
The training aims to create a learning space with better self-awareness and awareness of the needs and goals of the groups of young people they work with to enhance the results of the learning process and give birth to high quality projects led by the participants in the future.
Objectives of the training course:
• Widen perspectives of participants on the concept of social entrepreneurship as a tool for tackling local social problems of marginalized young people, refugees/asylum seekers and migrants;
• Identify existing resources for the young social entrepreneurs and share know how on social enterprises;
• Explore creative tools and methodologies for creating conditions for a dialogue, establishing a culture of diversity, acceptance and pluralism and for dealing with fears that exist in our society;
• Provide participants with educational tools and methodologies that will enable them to act as multipliers on refugee related issues in their work with young people;
Profile of the participants:
• Aged 18 and older youth workers and youth leaders
• At least basic knowledge of the role of youth work in processes of social change
• Knowledge of the situation of young people in the own country and of the specific work context for empowerment and employability/entrepreneurship work with young people with migrant or refugee background
• Good level of English to follow the course and to contribute to it
• Available for the whole duration of the Training Course