Training Course: YES, U2 – Engage NEET with community
Location: Sigulda, Latvia
Dates: 25 April – 1 May 2020
Number of participants: 26
Participating countries: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Apply here: application form (Need to register on Salto)
Organizer: Agency for International Programs for Youth in Latvia
Deadline to apply: 3 March 2020
Date of Selection: 13 March 2020
Inquiries about this training course: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fee varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
YES, U2 – Engage NEET with community
Do you work on social inclusion or are you inclusive? What is the difference? Who has the responsibility to engage NEET youth with community? NEET youth are identified with what they are “Not” (in Education, Employment and Training). Instead, we use hopeful future approach to develop practical strategies on how to connect NEET with community.
The aim of the training course is to build capacity and competences of people working with youth in order to engage NEET youth with local community.
This training course specially focuses on innovative learning approaches and developing competences in order to create safe and comprehensive spaces, supporting young people’s sense of belonging to society and empowering them to take an active role in the local community.
1. To find a common ground about NEET youth in different communities;
2. To raise awareness on the youth worker´s role to empower NEET youth to be engaged with local communities;
3. To explore hopeful-future approach to support the inclusion of NEET youth in the local community;
4. To develop practical strategies in order to engage NEET youth with their local community;
5. To build a network among practitioners in order to explore further ways to cooperate within the
Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
Youth workers, educators, volunteers and practitioners in the youth field, active at local level in formal and non-formal education who:
➔ work with young people in their community;
➔ are interested to work with unemployed youth;
➔ are interested in how to work with marginalized youth;
➔ care about including NEET youth with their local community.
Participants after the training increase their competences:
● To promote and take action towards social inclusion of NEET youth;
● To encourage active participation of NEET young people;
● To empower young people to develop their sense of belonging in the local community;
● To build strategies and implement action plan with local communities;
● To prevent the enrolment of youth into NEET status;
● To create a network within practitioners at local and European level.
The outcomes of the training course are transferred to the young people by increasing their potential for active citizenship, building their capacity to be aware of their strengths and opportunities in local communities, the labour market and their personal life.
The methodology is based on principles and values of non-formal education:
● Experiential learning
● Addressing different learning styles
● Variety of learning settings (indoor/outdoor)
● Diverse nature, art and body-based techniques
● Group atmosphere supported peer learning
● Learners co-create their learning process