Training course: Youth Activator: Make It Happen
Location: Adamov, Brno, Czech Republic
Dates: 2-10 October 2017
Number of participants: 34
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Denmark, United Kingdom
Organizer: DICE and Abroadship.org
Apply here: application form
Deadline to apply: 31 August 2017
Inquiries about this training course: email@example.com
- The project is co-funded by Erasmus+, thus Programme, Accommodation, Food are 100% free:
- Traveling is reimbursed after the training course up to the limits of:
- 0 € for Czech Republic
- 180 € for Poland and Slovakia
- 275 € for Bulgaria, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Denmark, United Kingdom
Youth Activator: Make It Happen
Download the infopack here: Youth Activator – Make it Happen – Infopack – training course – abroadship.org
The aim of the project is to increase the active citizenship of youth with focus on social participation in the community and volunteering; exercise project management skills in order to support the boost of community projects and activities in the participants’ realities and provide the participants with participatory methods which they can use in order to motivate the youth and engage them with the local community and environment.
Our objectives are:
(1) Explore the term of active citizenship and social participation and find out together about methods, actions, events which can boost the participation and active citizenship of the youth and accompany them with practical examples when and where they can be used.
(2) Emphasize volunteering as way of active participation in the community life as well as worthy tool for self-development by meeting with volunteers and getting to know their experience as well by setting own way in which the participants can via volunteering develop themselves and community.
(3) Provide the participants with project management skills. We want them to practice the project logic and project management both theoretically and practically on real examples and issues from their environment.
(4) Meet the representatives of running community projects in Brno, find out about the context, aims and also processes of their projects and learn from them practical approaches how to communicate with the locals and how to motivate them and engage them to the project.
(5) Analyse problems which the participants and their communities face, explore the resources and create action plan on which the participants will apply the know-how they achieved from the local activists and also they will practice their project management skills.
(6) Test the new skills in practice already in Czech Republic. Create together one day action plan with interaction and cooperation with local youth.